Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit by a scissor spring

This post is just to inform everyone here of the power of the scissor spring on the rear of the deck. I have installed these things over the years without problem...until last week. I now have a 3 inch long gash in the palm of my hand because it got away. Do yourselves a favor and get the tool, if you don't already have it. You can't move faster than that spring! As you can imagine, working with a Brunswick is a real trip with only one hand...

Re: Bit by a scissor spring

I bet that hurt. Anyways guys, get the correct tool for that job and I dont know about the rest of you, but I got the deck tube jack tool, big car bumper jack for the spring tubes. One kid about took my leg off unscrewing the threaded rod on the floor one day. Never realized that spring was SO big and strong.

Comment

Ouch is right..... How many stiches?????

Comment

how did u get hurt what and how did u try to take it off with?I been on the job over 25 years and i put the machine at 270 degrees and clamp vise grips on the tip of spring and climb in behind deck and use my leg and push the spring off never had a Tool to do this with ever.I know anything can happen ya just haveta be careful no matter how many times youve done something...My Motto is SAFETY FIRST

------------------

Comment

Gentlemen:
          All springs should be removed in their relaxed position, especially this one. I have found it easiest to remove any thing sissors related, with the sissors closed. The main sissors spring is best removed at 270, when deck is on floor, but that does not leave it in relaxed position.
          I set machine up with no pins on deck, no pins in deck, 0 degrees. Trip clutch, hold up on deck lowering hook , jog mch until it can no longer capture deck shaft pin, continue down with deck to 90 ( which will be at lowest level owing to holding the lowering hook up) ,at 90 degrees I hold forward on top of clutch actuator link which prevents mch from getting a strike signal, as soon as sissors cam foller goes to low dwell, shut off, you are now free to remove spring in its relaxed position. It does help to lock the spring bellcrank so that it does not move away from you, whilst manipulating spring.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Neglected to add;
            Most pinsetter injuries, some small, some large are spring related. I always tell mechs. when training, hold on to a spring as if your hanging off a cliff.
            rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X