Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/1 removal time

Just wanted to say thanks to roscoe for posting his 1/1 R+R procedure, Saved me a good 4 hours compared to the way I used to do them.

Good work man:

Kevin

Re: 1/1 removal time

speaking of 1 to 1's does anybody pull a subassembly only to fix an oil leak? i have about 5 machines that have really bad leaks and i'm tired of refilling the gearbox and putting new rags in the drip pan. seems to me i'll save time and money if i just pull it and be done with it. and kevin, i'll try roscoes way and let you know....thanks, shame
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Hey Shame
      Have you tried tightening the allen bolts that mount the 1-1 housing to the gearbox?
      Sometimes that will help stop leaks.
      If it is leaking from the seals here is a trick I learned that will slow down the leak and sometimes eliminate it.
      Add some STP oil treatment to the gearbox.
      It is a lot thicker than 90 weight but still slick as snot.
      It at least will buy you some time until you can change the gasket and seals at your convenience.
      Grambo

Comment

Shamefoejze:
        Rarely will one find the 1to1 seal leaking, as Grambo said it's most often the cover bolts loose, however if it has the paper gasket, with the bolts run loose, the gasket is most probably torn. One more reason to use the latest technology in sealing. ie-RTV.
        An aside to tightning the bolts, as these are grade eights, which stand little flexing, one is better advised to back a loose one out and replace it, rather then tighten it only to have the head break off on the last turn.
        Then you get to pull the whole unit.
        Believe me it happens, most often when it was the last thing you were going to do at that job.
        Most leaks are in the 2to1 and the mount bolts on the 4to1,and with a model A time delay stem o-ring, and lastly the drain plug not having teflon tape on it.
        STP I stay away from in a leaking gearbox, it will wreck a carpet.
        Roscoe.
        rfm

Comment

DONT Mntion 1 - 1's to me Ive had to do 5 of them in the last 3 months due to an incompetant mechanic who is now no longer employed. Streuth man sick o the sight o them.
          Never had a 2 - 1 problem though in 15 years done 2 4 -1's in last 3 - 4 years

Comment

Try using 90-140 gear oil in gearboxes to reduce minor leaks.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X