Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit mounts

Just wondering what type of pit mounts everybody is using. I have a mixture of different types of urethane mounts and was just wondering what you "super-techs" use on your babies. (Please, no Heisenburg compensators) LOL
    let me be myself

Re: Pit mounts

I use alotta red Brunswick santoprene mounts and they last along time, but ive tried Qualitys the hard light green ones they seem good too and most companys mounts are long lastu=ing thats one thing they all didnt screw up.I also have the original 3 part mounts sortta like old refrigerator mounts theyre good too but pain in ??? to change at times.

------------------
    John

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 05-28-2000).]
    John

Comment

I use the old metal ones, I like them cause you can just replace the rubber mounts when they go bad. Makes more sense to me rather than replacing the whole mount. I got some pretty cool rubber mounts from Grainger that are slightly taller and just as tough. I have been using these on the front to elevate the pitboard slightly and improve pin flow. Works pretty good, if anyone is interested I can get the Grainger part#

jerrid
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I use some of the traditional rubber mounts and some urethane, usually the vantage ones.

Comment

I have always favored the traditional style as well, but my current center has lots of the red santoprene mounts, They hold up very well. I cant remember the last time I ordered any.

Mike
          Mike Wilson
          Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

I HAVE USED BRUNSWICK SANTOPRENE MOUNTS IN THE PAST, AND WHAT I FIND IS THAT THE STEAL SPACER TENDS TO EGG-OUT THE INSIDE OF THE HOLES, THUS, CAUSING A SLIGHT TICKING NOISE AND THE SPACER NO LONGER FITS TIGHT IN THE HOLE. NOW, I USED THE OLD BLACK RUBBER ONES IN ALL MY PITS, AND THEY SEEM TO LAST, PLUS THEY ARE A LOT CHEAPER THAN THE SANTOPRENE MOUNTS. JUST AN OBSERVATION.

Comment

Personally, I like the green urethane ones that quality sells, they've been pretty bullet-proof in here

Kevin

Comment

We redesigned our urethane pit mount 2 years ago and also reformulated the urethane so it will bend like a willow tree in a wind storm. Our old mount was strong but like an oak it would snap if bent too far.If anyone would like to try one free just call us,E-mail,etc. Jim

Comment

I like the original bruns mounts 4 piece. I have found the one piece is too stiff. I like flexabilty. I believe the stiffer the mounts are the harder the shaker assy. has to work. Thus causing more wear and tear on assy.

Comment

I agree the old style black mounts are the easiest to change. I use a keps-it nut instead of the original acorn lock nut, makes it easier to undo if the mount comes apart.
                    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Hey Bowl Techers.
                      Does Brunswick still sell the TORSIONAL pit mounts???
                      About 8 years ago they gave me 2 sets to try in a pair of lanes.
                      The rubber bushings inside the mounts were worn out after about a year and a half.
                      I tried to order just the rubber parts because the rest of the mounts were still good.
                      Good old Brunswick told me they only sold whole sets of torsional mounts and not individual parts for them.
                      Well needless to say they went in the trash!
                      Grambo

Comment

YUP! Good ole black mounts last long.Have seen those torsion ones in the book and...no thanks!Tried those green solid urethane mounts but not much luck here.Those short lil black jobbers work great!

Comment

Hey all,

We use the "green" mounts sold by QBC. Funny how we identify the urethane parts by color...heh
                          We did experiment with some home-made hard plastic shaker mounts that were capped with some type of rubbery material. The front mounts on the pin deck side seemed to work well, still have quite a few on the machines. The rear mounts ended up having a life span of about 3-4 weeks. Not very good, had to change them all back out again.

Go for the GREEN ones

Wookie

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X