X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detector Assy

How ya going guys...
    I've got a problem with a detector assy,
    what's been happening is that the machine will 'set' without pins, as if it was on Instructer mat.
    I watched it, and I've found that the detector latch assy doesn't lift high enough for the strike cam follower assy to move under it.
    the confusing thing about this is that it usually only happens when the machine is turned on for the first time... or hasn't been on for at least half the day.
    anuone have any ideas??? this one has had me stumped for a while now and I'm sick of not knowing how to fix it!!
    any help would be great guys!
    hope to hear from anyone soon!!

Tech

Re: Detector Assy

My first thoughts would be to give it a shot of WD-40 or whatever penetrating oil you guys use down under, followed by a regular lubricating oil after you've moved it around a few times to be sure it's freed up. Second thought would be to change the spring going from the detector frame to the selector, I suspect the spring's just a little weak, and the detector has just a slight bind, the two together could give you fits trying to find it.

Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin...... I'll check out that spring today.
      The assembly doesn't appear to be binding at all... I have saturated it with Lubrication... it hasn't improved it any so far.
      Thanks again.
      I hope it works!!!

------------------
      Tech

Comment

Aussie Tech

Suppose it's possible you are detecting a strike once in awhile. Mabe check your detector rod adj..check the roll pins in the detector rod,make sure the detector rod is not binding. You may have to pull the detector apart and check to see if the cam follower on the strike controller is worn not allowing the projection on the strike controller to block out properly. Good luck...sometimes the machine lies to you ..shows you one thing when it's another.

let us know what you find

Comment

Aussie Tech:
          Confused as to what you mean by machime will set with no pins.
          If on first ball, mch goes to 90 degrees, finds no pins, goes to strike then, sets no pins, look into the 180 linkage.
          If mch goes from first ball to 90 degrees, sissors close as if standing pins go to detector rod adj. Be advised, before going to detector rod adj., make certain strike height is 8 and 1/2 inches.
          Another thing the mechanic finds is the mch is on second ball, with no pins on deck, usually problem is in sissors drag link rivets.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Thanks for the help guys... I managed to fix it... I am almost embarrassed to say whet it ended up being!!

I now remeber what the guy who trained me told me....
            something we should live by!

"eliminate the impossible, and what ever is left, no matter how improbably, is the anwser"

well anyway... all this problem ended up being was the solinoid was out of adjustment slightly... the pin was jaming, jaming heaps of other things enough to cause those problems, of cause, after it warmed up a bit it was fine!!
            anyway.. thanks again guys, I reckon I'll be able to find soome thing else for ya soon!!

------------------
            Tech

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X