Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to clean ballwheels?

Just wondering what everyone uses to clean ballwheels. I used to use DBA 008, but environmental regs make this no longer feasible. Any suggestions? Alcohol and acetone just don't seem to work very well.

Re: What do you use to clean ballwheels?

I personally prefer cv88,its a super all purpose cleaner but you can use your lane cleaning machine cleaner.I do'nt dilute it for ball wheels and i spray some on the wheel then take a clean rag and wipe it down until dry.I have stripped my wheels too by spraying them then using a softer scotch brite pad(some can be rough)i put good pressure on the pad,let wheel turn about 5-6 times then wipe off and then re-spray wheel and wipe totally dry.Sure maybe for some it's more work BUT the results have been outstanding!Balls get picked up by wheel itself w/o even using kickers!You'll really see the crud/build-up come off w/the pad method! I strip them about every 2-3 months due to high lineage.It really does work great!And....NO...it wont hurt the ball wheel!!!

Comment

I use lane cleaner on my ball wheel also. Thanks Blaackout for cleaning tip, I'll try it!!

Comment

Gibh:
        Boy is this going to be one active thread.
        I for one don't favor anything flammable, static will set off an alcohol rag, whilst in your hand, then you drop it because it's hot, but not readily apparent that its on fire and it gets dropped on pins, carpet and or carried up cross conveyor.
        Its been derigueur, since the demise of lacquer finish, to clean ball wheels and lift rods daily, with a solvent that was both safe for use on rubber and had a high flash point.
        Especialy when used by lesser trained personnel.
        Anxious to see these replys, because it's a very active topic.
        Luck in all weathers:
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

This could be interesting and informative indeed. Okay we use ZEP Formula 50 for all machine cleaning and degreasing. It works quickly and removes the oil and grease. The decks are even sprayed down with it before washing them down at the car wash. Makes them look brand new. Even have a shallow bucket filled with it which acts as a parts cleaner.

Comment

The Brunswick maintenance manual recommends just a clean dry rag which works well..(not a shop towel)terry cloth and alot of pressure works good for me but i have always used a nonflammable water based degreaser.wring out the rag hold firmly on ball wheel and then a clean dry rag after that and wheel will be squeaky clean.

------------------

Comment

Hey,
              we just use the lane cleaner, Lane Dynamics from memory.

Cheers
              Andrew

Farwell the King of Late Night, Andy Richter

Comment

Lane Cleaner works great on my ball wheels but I use AMF Approach Spot Cleaner on the Pin Wheel and Lift Rod Rubbers its really wicked and quick

Comment

I use cv88, it seems to me that its the best multi purpose cleaner, has anyone used the product called "wis". How does it work and is it cost effective??

Comment

I use a hard surface cleaner that I buy locally from around town. I use that to clean almost everything.
                    the other thing I've done is to glue carpet strips onto the ball wheels. 2 or 3 strips about 3 ft long each pick up the balls up effortlessly.
                    I have to scrub them at least twice a week... but at least I don't get any more ball spins!!

------------------
                    Tech

Comment

jacks,

zep is a great company!

we've used zep shoe spray for eons. we've also had a drain clogged for years. had roto-rooter and all out but nothin worked to long. when at the Price Club saw this "zep drain cleaner" figured what the hell. Our three year drain is fixed!!!

anything that says zep ill buy...exept beer

Comment

We use #407 from poly-chem on our ball wheels. It has a drying eliment so you dont have to dry them!!

Comment

I use NOW all-purpose cleaner form SAMS....or SIMPLE GREEN for real tough jobs....also I use gray non-abrasive no-slip sidewalk tape....available at PAYLESS and other hardware stores...it is also cheaper than kicker strips

Comment

Alrighty, this is going to sound strange, but I've found out it works.

Normally we use a dry terry cloth to clean those ball wheels. but whenever I'm having a problem w/a lane, I grab two towels. On one I put a little bit of Goop Hand cleaner, and leave the other one dry. I put the goop on the ball wheel, let it spin two or three times, then wipe it off well. This tends to make the ball wheel tacky. It's great, and tends to get rid of ball calls until I get a chance to adjust the ball lift..

P.S. This doesn't work w/all hand cleaners, you might end up w/a bigger problem than you started w/.

[This message has been edited by bcw757 (edited 08-21-2000).]

Comment

i was wondering with useing lane stripper ir it would harm the cork on the ball wheels any
                              ERIC

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X