Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret drill jig

I have come across a jig for drilling turret frames. It creates a hole to position the indexing stop latch in a way to prevent multiple indexing and prevent fail to indexes. Has anyone seen these and how well do they work...has anybody tried them? What did you think of it? Just looking for some remarks.

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Re: Turret drill jig

What you probably are talking about is a jig that allows you to drill a hole and install a rollpin next to the turret latch.By doing so it makes your peddle adjustment less critical and stops all turret indexing problems(LOL).Like so many other tricks,how good it is depends on who you talk to.I personnally don't like it.It does remove some peddle adjustment error and thats fine but its will not correct all indexing problems.I don't know of it ever doing any harm so if you wanted to try it go for it.I never felt it was worth the time.Hope that helps.

Comment

This is my second center with that modification installed, I think David is correct I havent seen it cause any problems and it does make the indexing trip lever adjustment less critical, but it will not stop all of your indexing problems, although I think it does seem to help. I would reccomend installing it if you have the jig to do it with. I have noticed it provides a more positive stop for the indexing latch in its rearward motion. That modification along with the kit from Quality to replace the x-pins in the short link with bolts will help your linkage tremendously.

just my inexperienced 2cents worth
      jerrid
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I was told I could remove the indexing trip lever stop. I would say that makes the pedal adjustment non existent...has anybody removed the stop?

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Over the years different Places iveworked in had the stops removed and i never saw any problems that im aware of because they wasntthere.

------------------

Comment

the roll pin upgrade is designed to eliminate the rear peddle adjustment not to cure any indexing problems. you do need to keep you're linkage in good condition or the upgrade is pointless. don't worry it'll let you know if your linkage isn't in good shape lol.i did it to all 24 of my machines and haven't had a problem since....good luck to you...shame
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Hmmm...all sounds interesting,where can i locate this to try?

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
                I was told I could remove the indexing trip lever stop. I would say that makes the pedal adjustment non existent...has anybody removed the stop?

Steve
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Steve,
                I have seen the original Brunswick Jig many years ago (my mentor had one) and we drilled all 40 of our turret frames and instaled the roll pins and removed the rear adjusting nut on the trip lever stud and never had any problems in the 5 years that I was at the center after that.

That was before Quality came out with the bolt and stud for the short link, but with a new short link, X-pins and the "Turret Indexing Retrofit",, we ran nearly 2 yeaars on A2's at A2 speed (these were new machines back then, straight from Muskeegan) with absolutly no turret problems at all regaurding indexing, until the x-pins and short links started to waer out.

Bruce
                Respectfully,
                A2-Ace

Comment

I have one that someone on this site had made at a machine shop to match the one they had. I have never used it but plan on it one day when things actually slow down if that is possible.
                  Drill

David Bolt
                  Champaign, IL
                  USBC Silver Coach
                  IBPSIA BOD
                  IBPSIA Advanced
                  Technical Certified
                  Pro Shops

Comment

Drill:
                    What is the center to center distance between the holding bolt hole and the drilling hole on the one you had made. Thanks in advance.
                    Roscoe
                    rfm

Comment

Hi Steve I have the jig you are talking about at this time my district f/m is using it in grandrapids michigan im planning on making a copy for him after I get it back if you want one just e-mail me .

jim at amf00542

O ya it wont fix any problems like bad xwasher pins on indexing latch or turret bellcrank wore out but if they are ok it will make the indexing padel more easy to be depressed by a pins weight on it .

thanks
                      bowlman

Comment

3.1785" from center to center of the holes for anyone wondering
                        Drill

David Bolt
                        Champaign, IL
                        USBC Silver Coach
                        IBPSIA BOD
                        IBPSIA Advanced
                        Technical Certified
                        Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X