Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake sweep bellcrank

Had a machine blow out a hook selector bearing last night (original, died of old age). After changing it, noticed there was a lot of play between the 12-250029 bellcrank and the shaft it rides on.

Question: Looking in the a-2 parts book, it appears that there are no bronze bushings in this part ... correct or not?

And, how many of you have had to replace this particular part ... it's working fine, but the play has me concerned.

Kevin

Re: Rake sweep bellcrank

KL,Do your machines still have the original version with the shaft with snap-rings? I have checked on my green meanies and some do and some do not. I also do not see any sort of bronze bushing inside the bellcrank. I even checked an old parts book (cir. 1964) The newer style machines use the pain in the *ss double spacer system and the spacers are the same size as the older style shaft. Have you checked the short link holes for wear? Sorry I couldn't help more.

billman
    let me be myself

Comment

KL...good question, never has had bearings there. I've always wondered why they didn't put an oilite bearing there. Hell, they're everywhere else...lol

Billman...you should have noticed the spacer styled "shaft" is on the newer style rake arm assy's. The older rake arm assy's had two 1/2" holes. This allowed alot of play to develop for the two paralell links running down to the block. The spacers were developed to freeze the shaft in place to keep down the play on the links. It also took away some play in the bellcrank as a nice benefit. They also changed the holes at the bottom of the links to allow a spacer to be installed there. It's also another place that they didn't use an oilite bearing. Go figure..lol

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hey Kevin
        You are right that Brunswick forgot to put oilites in the bellcrank.
        They also forgot to put oilites in the rake hook.
        Maybe Murrey International could upgrade these parts???
        I guess you could drill the bellcrank out and install oilites if the slop was extreme.
        Hope to talk to you soon.
        Grambo

Comment

Gentlemen:
          Old Otis knew something about the softness of bushings versus, using chilled cast on a steel bushing. This is one area that takes a lot of pressure, and can successfully operate as designed, with a minimum of upkeep. As to rake hook selector bearings, I carry a minimum of ten on my vehicle, probably go through that many in one 40 lane check up, rake hits will destroy one in a moment. Automatic out of range kits are hard on them.
          There are better,after market replacments utilizing a bearing with a bolt. An aside to the chilled cast upon steel bearing surfaces,
          it has been proved through the years in agriculture usage a much more durable combination for shock loads than any combination, short of sealed ball bearings, and indeed superior in some applications to that.
          Respectfully
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Never have had much problems with that part but I have had to replace the link that attachs to it ,I thinks its 12-250040 because
            the holes have egged out and created some play.

Comment

Thanks Roscoe !

Mike
              Mike Wilson
              Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X