Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackouts

I had a call the other night to a machine where the 9 pin sat on an angel in the deck chute and when the deck came back to zero the pin was under the turret assy causing it to rise and blacking the machine out, is there a way to prevent the 9 pin from sitting on an angel and pushing the turret assy up, pls dont think this is a stupid question as it has me beaten.

Re: Blackouts

Senetor:
    First two things I'd look at, make certain the v protector pan is installed, and that the machine is stopping at true zero degrees, thereby releasing pins from turret when deck comes up. Its most common to have a machine turret jam on one that waits until machine starts down before dumping pins into deck, there can be other causes, but elimanate these two first
    Hope of some help
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Check to make sure you have the right kind of deck chute and that it's centered right. Also...check to see if the turret wire for the 9-pin is on correctly. See if the guide roller under the chute is OK too.

ß

Comment

Yes the protector pan was what first came to mind for me, also if the pan is there make sure the bolts that hold it in place do not stick out providing a place for the head of the pin to get caught on.
        I have seen the wrong bolts installed on these many times.

good luck

Mike
        Mike Wilson
        Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

THanks guys for all your help ill be sure to look into this and get abck to you thanks guys

Comment

All those sound good...if you have time. With our linage, if something like that was happening and there was no time to t/s, we would most likey cut about 3 strips of cardboard, 1"X6", stack them together, and hard duct tape them on the top and inside of the 9-pin chute nearest the turret. This would keep the head of the pin pointing more upright. We often have to do meatball surgery to keepem going... as i'm sure many of you have done before!
            What do we do with the bits left over?

Comment

Pin Monkey:
              Your apt to give Deadwood more food for thought.
              Its faster to just o out the clutch.
              In jest.
              Roscoe
              rfm

Comment

Senator...

FWIW, we had this same problem in a house I used to work. Everyone knew (Including the "A" who didn't care) that it was from the decks being raised too high due to the installation of synthetic lane panels. Everything was overlaid (including approaches) so the head mechanic just raised the decks via lowering link (some Scotch Yokes)...we knew this to be the problem because up until the installation of the synthetics, we never saw those calls. I hope they've gone back and properly raised the pinsetter by now...some of those jams can get quite nasty.

On a lighter note, this too might feed Deadwood's fire about doing things right in the first place....LOL !

Kat
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

On some of our pinsetters the turret castings wasn't beveled on the edges causeing pin heads to catch,we removed potective cove and filed the frame edge,then reinstalled cover
                  Peanut

Comment

Gentlemen:
                    When pins are dumped at O degrees first ball, the eight and nine pin heads are above the bottom of the turret frame, and unless there is some unusual force pushing them inwards the heads will remain in that position, as do the heads of all the other pins, its when they are dumped whilst the deck is starting down that they have the proclivity to come in under the turret frame.
                    JMO
                    Roscoe.
                    rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X