Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zot rake kit

i have brunswick A meachines with mendes scoring it slowed the machines down so we got zot fast drop rake kits. when the ball passes the sensor it sends power to the shot gun that works, the problem is that there is a second pulse to the shot gun when the rake is down then the rake will not relock
    help
    thanh you slammer

Re: zot rake kit

Slammer
    Which Zot trigger box are you using?
    My suggestion would be to call Zot on the 800 number, ask for P.J.
    rfm

Comment

If you mounted the zot sensors behind the rake, There's a mercury switch kit that's required, as the pulse when the rake sweeps will do exactly what you are talking about. You can get the part # from PJ @ zot

Kevin

Comment

I would agree with kevin it sounds like you need the mercury switch.I would also advise
        you to take the bolt that attachs your shot gun to the c-lever,switch it so the threads
        are towards the 10 pin side,then take a spring,I use the 12-150132 spring hook it
        around the plunger lever at one end and the
        shot gun bolt at the other.This will insure that the plunger lever returns after it trips the shot gun.Some times you might have to stretch the spring a little if it seems to strong.I have used the quick drop trigger
        for years and it has a tendency to not always
        return after it trips this will end up breaking your shot gun in half,believe me I'm talking from experience on this one.The
        helper spring I've mentioned will stop that.

Comment

thank guys,but i have the mercury switch installed.i think the second charge is comming from what mendes did in the control box do you think i can use outside power to run the zot control box

thank you
          slammer

Comment

Heya!

I have 16 of the original Zot Mini-Magic's on one side of our house, for the bumper "brats".

Anyhow, I havent had hardly any problems with mine. I do have the mercury switch on the upper rake lift tube. I have also added a 2nd mercury switch to it, by mounting it with silicone adhesive/glue. The second switch basically opens (breaks) one of the two wires running to the Rake Latch Zot solenoid. That way if the rake does get tripped by the mechanical linkage, the solenoid is locked out (wont trigger). The original Zot mercury switch is more of a circuit reset than a lockout switch. I think if you added the 2nd switch, that interrupts the solenoid circuit, you should be ok.

By the way, I have saved more than the cost of the 2nd switch, by not having to replace the solenoids as often as I used to.

Wookie

Comment

Wookie:

I think he has the system with the zot manufactured shotgun and the hockey stick cushions. Since the hockey stick setup has no rake trip mechanism attatched to the cushion, the second switch wouldn't be necessary. They do work dandy on the A-2 style cushions though.

Slammer: Are you sure you plugged the mecury switch in to the right terminals on the zot box? I'd call PJ to check it out, because zot's triggering systems are real good, sometimes their instructions aren't the greatest, though. Also, where are your sensors mounted, and where are the ball detects in a mendes system? Havent had any problems with the gun solenoid firing twice, and my sensors have been behind the rake for 9 years. Definitely something going on, but PJ should be able to put it right for you.
              800 525 8116, they're on west coast time, if it matters.

Good luck:

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X