Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geneva plates

hey guys ,i have 2 machines that the moving deck wants to jam when it shifts to the full rearward position. one machine was actually not setting new pins.so for a quick fix to get them going i pulled the cam followers off the one side. it worked fine the rest of the day.then when i got to look at it i found that the moving deck was bowed and i put on the zot deck saver, pulled it straight and put two new geneva plates on and new followers on. THE DECK JAMMED! so i put the old plates on and smoothed out the groove on the 7 side. it seems to be o.k. now but , am i missing somthing here ? give me your input. is somthing shot that i should look at? thanks, laze

Re: geneva plates

First thing to do is find out exactly where it binds, if where the two sets of rollers switch, I'd take a look at the roll pin in the 10 pin end of the shaft. Had one shatter once, caused the two sides to pull out of time.

Kevin

Comment

I had a similar problem with one of my machines.
      I discovered the moving deck wasn't sitting streight on the rollers, don't ask me how!
      one of the Geneva plates were bent and the cables were frayed...

all I can suggest is check out the cables, they might be jaming.
      other then that... the deck rollers all ok?

let us know how things work out... I have only just corrected this one myself. I might still be needing ideas

------------------
      Tech

Comment

Also might want to check the moving deck pulley for dryness or bad bearings.

Comment

Lubricate the needle Bearings on the rear deck shaft.If they are dry the deck wont shift properly.I mean the ones by the brass spacer washer.Also a scissors pin can come out or a deck chute bolt being loose and catching deck maybe a headpin one...Good Luck.

------------------

Comment

Laze3:
            You might also check the moving deck casting, just forward of the geneva at first web. Quite possibly cracked, allowing the geneva plate itself so slope downard.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

well guys i checked out everything i could think of , and all your sugestions but there is nothing visably wrong. the machine that i smoothed out the plates on has been workong great. the other machine is still ok but i can hear the deck want to catch when it shift rearward. i still have to investigate further.my superiors have had me so bust doing other stuff that i haven't had the time!

Comment

maybe you need to tweek the moving deck a little more and i would check the shaft 12-350032 maybe the bearings are dry or here is one more thing a bolt from a spotting finger or a deck chute may have droped well good luck j b

Comment

Hey Laze3
                  When the deck jams get a flashlight and see if one of the geneva rollers has bottomed out against the cam.
                  Usually the geneva rollers will be straight up and down and one of the top rollers will be jammed against the top part of the cam slot.
                  If it looks like this try straightening your deck a little more, I used to add washers between the moving deck and the long black slide that rides on the steel rollers to shim up the deck to give the geneva rollers more room to roam.
                  Let us know what you find.
                  grambo

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X