Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A/2 Adjustments when instaling overlays.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/2 Adjustments when instaling overlays.

We are instaling HPL overlays with new decks next month thay tell me that it is going to raise the lane one half inch. Is there any body out there that has gone through this and what I should expect and what kind of adjustments I can look forword to making on the machines. THANKS CHUCK.
    CHUCK MCDOWELL

Re: A/2 Adjustments when instaling overlays.

AMF or their subcontractor should help you with this. It usually involves redoing the machine deck height and level plus a rake (or sweep) height adjustment. If you have any additional questions call us @1-800-421-1022 and ask for Robert as he deals with this alot when we install our overlay MML-3000 Lane. Gordon

Comment

NORMALLY THE OVERLAYS WILL RAISE YOUR PINDECK AREA 1/2" FROM WHAT YOU NOW HAVE. THIS SHOULD NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEM BECAUSE IT REPLACES THE WOOD THAT HAS BEEN SANDED OVER THE YEARS. YOU MAY HAVE TO RE-SPOT AND ADJUST YOUR PINSETTER DECK OR TABLE FOR PROPER HEIGHT IN RELATION TO THE NEW PIN DECK.
      THE ONLY EXCEPTION THAT I HAVE SEEN WAS A AMF OVERLAY ON A EARLIER BRUNSWICK ARMOUR PLATE AND THE PINSETTERS HAD TO BE RAISED BY 1/2" ON THE KICKBACKS.

ED

[This message has been edited by EDJ (edited 07-22-2000).]

Comment

Went through this with new synthetics about 6 months ago.....deck height adj. is not difficult persay, a sweep or two may prove to be pesky, but we found it was a good time to check all the deck holding hook adj. as well....and not a single detector rod adj. was needed.....we thought we were gonna have to adj. them all! So don't get apprehensive...it was quite painless.
        "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Hey Superchuck
          We installed overlays in quite a few of our centers and if you are unable to get the correct deck height through your normal adjustments Brunswick makes longer allen head jack screws for the pinsetter feet.
          It is not listed in the parts book but I know they have them because Brunswick gave us quite a few of them .
          Do all your adjustments first and then call Brunswick if you need a little more height.
          Grambo
          ps. we used Brunswick overlays so it might be something they supplied for their equipment. Talk to your installer of the overlays about the deck height.

Comment

we just did this few weeks ago, just do what everyone has said, use the allens jack screws to raise the whole machine so the deck has proper clearance. then the rake needs adjustment. And double check your holding hooks. Some reason we have had the turret switches become a little more sensitive. After a double check we just adjusted that also on some machines. And also the installer was no help. Other than that, i havent adjusted all the rakes yet but all works fine. Dont sweat it!!

Comment

Something else you might want to think about
              is your flat gutter depts,by installing overlays you have now sunk your flat gutters so to speak down by 1/2 a inch.I had lots of dead wood problems until they were readjusted
              not to mention abc specs being wrong and pin carry.Good luck!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X