X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!

ok guys....I badly need help here

I've got a lane after no matter what I do is still jaming,
    I have replaced all the deck cables, the geneva plates and I have installed a Zot Deck saver, and still as it goes to set new pins, the moving deck doesn't shift until it reaches 270 then it jerks forward!

one thing else I have noticed is that the space between the two front deck rollers are not even, the 2 pin side in fact IS touching the track at the high pont on the roller,
    is there any way to adjust the whole deck to line it back up again??

that is the only other thing I have not been able to do so if anyone out there knows, please please please help me out here

it's driving me crazy!!!!
    hope to hear from someone soon

------------------
    Tech

Re: HELP!!!!!

Hiya:

The deck jerking forward ... does the deck shift back at all when it tries to set new pins?? and how much??

First thing I would verify is proper operation of the detector, by setting second ball and watching the moving deck/scissor selector to be sure the scissor cam is blocked and the deck cam is un-blocked when the machine goes past 90. I'm making mention of this because you didn't say that the machine is throwing the cables off the pulleys, and I'd think if it was a deck bind, the machine would be throwing the moving deck control cable off every time when the slack came in trying to set new pins.

Next thing to look at now is to take the deck cable off, and verify that it really is a deck motion bind by pulling the deck cable until it goes fully forward and then relaxing it slowly. If the deck goes through the full range of motion, at least you know it's elsewhere ..., if not, you can look at the point where it binds and look for a cause (broken deck bucket bolt, screw or washer fell from elsewhere, etc)

As something to try, (taking the risk of the wrath of deadwood for "mickey mousing"), try removing ONE of the geneva rollers on one side only, and see if the deck shifts then.

BTW, have you had any "unusual" repairs on this machine lately ... has something else been changed in the time frame right before this showed up??

Hope something here helps:

Kevin

Comment

I agree with Kevin. Check for any new bucket or spotting finger replacement or check for a loose bolt or wrong bolt installed in this area. If it is in this area you will find a bind if you pull in deck moving deck cable and release cable slowly. Make sure pulley shaft is not binding, maybe this shaft is bent or bearings worn, or bearings dry. Part #12-350032, f63, pg 105 in bruns. parts book.

good luck Larry

Comment

I was planning on checking the deck/scissor selector today, thanks for the advice

no unusual repairs had been done on this lane before this poped up... but it had been throwing the cables before I replaced them,
        the lower moving deck cable was frayed slightly.

when I pull the deck cable foward and relax it slowly, It doesn't move completly freely, it kinda jumps a little, this is the only lane I have noticed it do it on.

I'll definatly check over the bucket bolts, they didn't even cross my mind!

thanks again guys, I'll keep searching

------------------
        Tech

Comment

Check your moving deck for a broken rib, specially right under the turret. PJ
          I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Many older decks still have the junction box for the old pin indicator lights still attached between the 9 and 10 pin bucket. I have seen these get loose and hang up the moving deck.

Happy hunting, billman
            let me be myself

Comment

well I snaped the zot deck saver today....
              that made things interesting.

I replaced the the cam rollers for the geneva plates. Two of them were marginally bent, I hadn't noticed it before
              This seems to have made it run a bit more smoothly, but I've seen it run ok before.
              I bowled on it for an hour and it was ok,

fingers crossed!!!!

------------------
              Tech

Comment

maybe your 1 to 1 shaft is going out or the cover is cracked j b

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X