X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DECK CAMS

Are all moving deck-sissor cans interchangable

Re: DECK CAMS

no they are not interchangable. one style is for the scotch yoke style and the other is for the lowering link style 2 to 1's. i don't know what will happen if you put the wrong one on a scotch yoke but if you put the wrong one on a lowering link, not only will you get a LOT of pins sticking in the bucket....getting the pins to set without wobbling is next to impossible. either a lot of wobble on first ball, a lot of wobble on second ball, or a little on both(which isn't noticable from 60 feet away). hope this is what you were looking for.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

i ask same question a while back.They are not interchangable. If you go back about 4to 6 months ago and look for a topic on 2 to 1's, there was a few responses to this.

Comment

The cams are designed for one of two types of deck lowering systems, links, or scotch yokes. I kind of marveled at the appearance of the scotch yokes, but love the simplicity of the lowering links.

The newer cams both now have a split hub, to ease the installation. I dont think its as strong as the original, but I can use a much smaller sledge hammer now

The newer cams (compared to the orginals on the A's) have a slightly different curvature to them. The timing is the same, but the moving deck shifts MUCH more smoothly with the newer cams. I have been changing them out as time permits, maybe 1-2 per month. The roughness I was seeing was at the 2 major shifts of the deck. The initial rearward shift, when leaving 180 degrees, and the final forward shift around 0/360 degrees.

Anyhow, thats my 1 1/2 cents worth (inflation)

Wookie

Comment

Wookie8662:
          I'm sure the sledge hammer comment was in jest, however on the off hand chance it wasn't, give some thought to the fact that only two quarter inch grade two cap screws are resisting that applied force.
          Much better to use 5/8 all thread with a nut and washer to pull cam and hub on shaft.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Roscoe,
            Why not a press to install the cam?

unless you're speaking of installing it while the 1:1 is on the machine. Is that what you meant?

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 07-26-2000).]
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X