Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turret belts (violin section warming up)

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turret belts (violin section warming up)

Just wondering if anyone has a way to get the counter people to turn off machines when they are not in use. Just watched the manager and the owner let a pair of lanes run for an hour and 15 minutes with nobody bowling on them!!! The counter people are even worse! Now, my short turret belt are screaming every time a machine is turned on. I think I will replace all of the belts and pulleys and wait for the owner to ask about the expense. Maybe he will do something about the abuse of the machines by the employees.

billman

P.S. Sorry Mike, I just had to get this off my chest. I know that employer bashing is'nt good for the business.
    let me be myself

Re: turret belts (violin section warming up)

hey im glad i wasnt the only one with that problem i went through the trouble and rebuilt all 24 clutches in the center i recently worked at and there the setter would sit there singing that song weeeeeeee i would get on the counter guys case but they didnt care maybe the counter people should sit back there for a few hours and listen to the noise maybe they would understand or you could hit them over the head with your BFH (big f@#%^*$ hammer) jb

Comment

That sound is the second most irritating one in the house ... a pit where a mount lets go gets my vote for first prize.

Sometimes this works ... clean belt thoroughly, wrap a piece of 600 grit paper around the belt, and index the turret manually till the paper's trapped between the belt and the clutch pulley (with abrasive towards the pulley, obviously). Lock pin gate and turn her on for about 30 seconds. Usually breaks the glaze on the pulley to make it stop squealing, but if they're going to leave them on for hours, won't help for long.

Kevin

Comment

Here is a solution that was a thread a while back and really ruffled some feathers...motor shut down kits. Have yet to hear a squealing bet on the lanes that have them. We also clean all the short turret drive belts once a month with liquid Ivory soap. The lanes without the shutdown kits still squeal. They start within a few days of cleaning them. In between cleanings, we use a bar of ivory soap against the belt to quiet it down. Doesn't last long either. But those lanes with motor shut down kits don't ever squeal....hmmmmm.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I had source command at my center and I changed the inactive time to 20 minutes.
          The default setting was 55 minutes, if they are not bowling in 20 something is wrong.
          Does the as-90 or frameworx have a time setting to turn off the pinsetter?
          If your system does maybe check the setting of how long the machines idle before turning off.
          Grambo

Comment

The problem we have is that we sell a bowling pass for $25 that allows the bowler to bowl as many games as they want. They come in,bowl for a while, and then leave. The people at the desk don't see them leave and the machines sit and run for hours with nobody bowling on them. The shutoffs would be OK but cost would be a big factor!

billman
            let me be myself

Comment

Steve
              could you tell me more about those motor shut down kits please im very interested they sound like a champion idea,,

thanks Senator.

Comment

Senator,
                Bowl-Tronics sells them...and as billman stated...they are not cheap. Though...one could be made cheaper using some parts from Grainger...E-mail me if your interested in that idea.

Steve
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hey....just registered. I didn't know that had something like this. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I wrote out a memo about this problem. But......it didn't work. my next suggestion to my boss...the head mechanic.....was, if I notice a lane that has been on for a long period of time....just deduct that from their paycheck!!!!!! HaHAHA! Our system can tell how long a lane has been on without being used. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Grambo,
                    Yes, Frameworx does have this feature. If there is no scoring activity for 4 or 5 minutes (we set that time), the scorer goes into 'slow bowling' - just puts a scrolling message on the overhead that tells the bowler to contact the counter to report any problems. Then, after a few more minutes, the A/P will shut down and a message appears letting the bowler know to press okay to restart the pinsetter.

Idealogically, this works... however, when a game is finished on Frameworx, a bowler needs to either press okay or throw a ball to clear the scores and begin a new game. If the bowler never presses okay (which makes sense that they wouldn't if they don't intend to bowl anymore), then the scorer never starts the timer for the slow bowling message, and thus, never shuts off the pinsetter.
                    =
                    A/P's running for hours on end with no one bowling on them. The counter worker can also put the lane on 'hold' - a feature which simply shuts the A/P off without losing the scorer info. This is handy when you have a bunch of punks racing the rake (and hitting it, of course) and we need to stop the bowling, but need to save the scorer info so they can pay.

Jay

Whew -- sorry this is so long winded.

[This message has been edited by Jambu (edited 09-05-2000).]

Comment

The source command at our center shuts off the pinstter after 5 min of idle activity (no scanner operation and no machine cycling) but it only shuts off the motor not the pin light so to resume bowling the bowler needs only to throw a ball and the motor starts right up

Comment

this aves ALOT of wear and tear on all parts of the machine espacially during open bowling

Comment

I am surprised to see this old subject come up again. I finally just broke down and put the Bowl-tronic motor shut offs on all of the pinsetters. Best thing I ever did! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

billman
                          let me be myself

Comment

Billman,

What is the cost now for the Bowltronics motor shut down kit?

Comment

steve, do you still have the schematics for making your own motor kits? just wondering, i love the kits but i can think of other stuff that $130 can go towards.

alex
                              Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                              Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                              Cloth: ShamWow!
                              Machine: Johnny 5
                              Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X