Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on ball accelerator!!!

We are having a problem with or ball accelator. We have power going to the box just behind the accelerator motor. We just replaced the relay in that box and resottered ect. But when you turn on either lane the motor will not turn on. We have checked the motor and does run fine when supplied with power. Everything else is working also ball lift in front runs when they are on, just not the accelerator motor. We noticed when we took the box appart one of the relays was burnt so we replaced it. What causes this? Does the relays in that box tell the motor when to turn on or is it in the main breaker box?
    We greatly appreciate any help on this!

Re: Need help on ball accelerator!!!

You've got something else off in addition to that bad relay.....when you short out an electrical part it doesn't necessarily mean the short was IN that part. Most likely somewhere in the circuit LEADING to that part. Make sure you have everything wired up correctly(check the box on the pair next to you and compare how they're wired). Then check for metal-to-metal contact or bare wiring anywhere. Lastly check your motor plug to see if it hasn't somehow come apart internally. When you find the source, PLEASE remember to kill all power to the machine before you work on it. Hope this helps.
    Mike
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Did replacing the relay solve your accellerator problem?
      If not I suspect a problem with the on/off switch in the accellerator electrical box.
      The relays do turn on the motor but a 24volt signal comes from the pinsetter to activate the relays.
      This same 24 volts goes from the coil of the relay to the coil of the power lift relay.
      Since you say the power lift is running I suspect a problem with the high voltage which first runs through the on/off switch.
      I hope this helps.

Comment

We traced the wiring and changed out the electrical boxes from one machine to the next and the repair was made. Thank you! It is great to get fast and easy help from this site. Once again Thanks!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X