Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice On Daily Cleaning Procedures

Does anyone have any simple yet effective way to keep the number of calls down to the lowest minium with a cleaning schedule for A2 machines every day or something to that effect. Please respond sometime.

Re: Any Advice On Daily Cleaning Procedures

There is a preventive Manitance page in one of the brunswick manuals. I don't remember which one it is but we do it at our center and its been working great so far.

Comment

I STARTED WORKING IN THIS HOUSE IN S.W. OHIO. WE WERE GETTING 40 TO 50 CALLS A SHIFT.
      LATER, I FOUND OUT HOW TO PM THE MACHINES. IT WAS REALLY FUNNY TO SEE THE FORMER HEAD MECH. ASK WHY, I DIDN'T HAVE THE CALLS EVERYONE ELSE WAS GETTING. ONCE I TOLD HIM WHAT I WAS DOING, HE FIRED ME, FOR OVER STEPPING MY JOB TITLE.(PIT-BOY).
      FIVE YEARS LATER, EACH PIN CHASER/MECH, KNOWS HOW TO CLEAN, DO DAILY AND WEEKLY PM ON THESE MACHINE. AS OF THIS DATE, DURING A SIXTEEN HOUR DAY, WITH FULL NIGHT TIME LEAGUES WE ONLY HAVE 5-6 CALLS. MOSTLY BALL CALLS. TO MUCH OIL ON THE LANES.
      IF YOU FOLLOW THE PM CHARTS AND SUGGESTION IN YOUR REPAIR MANUAL, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG.

Comment

Cleaning schedules have to geared around a several different things.One being the amount of business your center does and another being how much humidity you have to deal with.Being in vegas where bowling is a big year around form of entertainment and because we have little problems with humidity
        our daily maintenance is fairly simple.We clean ballwheels ,turnpans and clean lift rods fairly often and vacuum y switch area and turret and 5 pin chutes on a regular bases.We very rarely ever clean deck buckets.
        I used to keep a close eye on trouble calls and since blackouts are so rare here,cleaning buckets has never been needed to reduce calls.I would suggest that you look at these factors and whatever other factors(because there are many more then the ones I've mentioned)and try to customize your own plan.Good luck.

Comment

David...i hope that doesn't mean you don't clean your deck chutes because you are not getting blackouts...the last time i checked into why we clean things, it is to PREVENT damage...and by rarely cleaning an item such as deck chutes would only invite them to be tore up in the future sooner than they would if they were cleaned as the book calls for.

William...If you follow the service manual schedule as it says, you will keep the machine clean so your bowlers will stay happy and you will prevent wear and tear on your parts which will keep your owner happy. The PM schedule was developed years ago and still applys as much today as it did then...remember the difference in the amount of lane oil we are putting out today as compared to years ago...keeping things clean will only help pin movement through the machine and prevent wear to your most worn item in the machine...your pins. Dirt suspended in the lane oil will tear up your covers on your pins and cause you to have replace them sooner than you would have to...

OK I've done it again...rambled way too long...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

My point on cleaning buckets is that if machine down time for preventive maintenance
            is limited you need to prioritize what you get done and what you don't get done.If you are not having blackout problems which seem to be dirt related,which at the boat we are not,then cleaning deck buckets weekly as per the manual is not really needed.If you wipe them down say every other week or so you will not shorten the life of the bucket.
            The preventive maintenance schedule which is in the manual is very good and if time and money are no object then do exactly as the book says,you can't go wrong.Most mechanics I have talked to concerning pinsetter maintenance say its rather tough to follow the schedule exactly and so many people modify it for their situation. I personally have never talked to a mechanic in a center with over 40 lanes that wipes all their buckets down weekly .

[This message has been edited by David Johnson (edited 08-14-2000).]

Comment

David.
              I would have to agree...I've never met anyone who wipes down deck chutes weekly either. But to reply to william...I would advise, as you said, to stay as close to the manual as possible. The PM schedule starts in section 5 of the Brunswick service manual. Read it through and it will point you in the right direction. Some of us have made our own style of PM charts and I'm sure any of us would gladly send you copies of anything that might help you. All you need do is ask...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

William,
                It might help if you listed how many lanes you have and how busy your center is?So we could get a feel for how much time you have for p.m .At the boat for example we usually have 106 lanes going with leagues and tournaments for just about the whole summer.So during this time peroid when most mechanics would be pulling pit boards and doing their major maintenance and projects we spend the little time we have working on repairs and adjustments to keep the place running as smooth as possible and do only a minimal amount of cleaning and oiling.What cleaning and oiling that does get done is done with the machines running so its rather limited for safety reasons.Let us know what your situation is and maybe we can be more helpful.

[This message has been edited by David Johnson (edited 08-15-2000).]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X