Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Pinsetter Motors

Anybody have source on the old GE Pinsetter motor start capacitors. They are an odd size I have not been able to locate a replacement.

Thanks
    Mike
    Mike Wilson
    Bowl-Tech Inc..

Re: GE Pinsetter Motors

i hate to get off of the subject here but speaking of motors. i was wondering if anyone has fond a replacement motor from grainger, or any place other than a "bowling company"? i can't stand paying those prices for a motor. just wondering i've never been able to find an exact match, it's usually the frame that doesn't match. i could live with a frame conversion kit if i paid half the price for a motor.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Alex...Grainger does sell a motor that will fit, but it does not have a thermal overload. This is fine for older A's that have thermals in the electrical box...but a modification would be needed to work on newer A-2's. I used a circuit breaker mounted on the motors wiring box to solve the problem.

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Mike, get a cap. as close to the OEM as possible, do not go below the value, a little above will not hurt the motor. Check voltage rating on cap. do not go below the pinsetter voltage.

Comment

Larry:
          It's the physical dimensions that pose the problem in this circumstance, there is no problem meeting the voltages nor Ufs, The caps are stored in the motor legs, and everyone has trouble finding proper caps meeting those requirements.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Mike Wilson:
            Anybody have source on the old GE Pinsetter motor start capacitors. They are an odd size I have not been able to locate a replacement.

Thanks
            Mike

[/QUOTE]
            I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Mike Wilson:

Thanks
              Mike

[/QUOTE]
              Hi Mike, Grainger has an exact replacement, Stock #1A568 at least they did in an older catalog I have. You can check on grainger.com. PJ
              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Roscoe:
                I realize size is the problem, I found the caps at my local motor shop. They had to be ordered, but I have them.
                thanks--Larry

Comment

Thanks
                  Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mike, Grainger has an exact replacement, Stock #1A568 at least they did in an older catalog I have. You can check on grainger.com. PJ

Thanks PJ, but already been there. With the old GE models the capacitor is stored in the foot of each side of the motor. The 1A568 will not fit. its too long.

Thanks
                  Mike
                  Mike Wilson
                  Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Hey Alex, Ive got a different motor on one of my pinsetters. I have no idea where it came from, it looks alot smaller than the others, seems to purr like a kitten though. Ill get the specs off of it tomorrow.

Jerrid

[This message has been edited by jerrid (edited 08-03-2000).]
                    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X