Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boosters Vs Accelerators????

Hi this may sound to all you experienced guys VERY stupid as me being more used to the 82/70's than the Brunswick A series i work on now but can some one please explain the difference between a ball booster and ball accelerator??
    Thanks guys.
    Senator.

Re: Boosters Vs Accelerators????

Senator,
    The booster is a device mounted above the common return track to "boost" the speed of the ball to get it back to the bowler quicker than with gravity feed...Zot sells an add-on kit that would fit your A's nicely. The accelerator speeds the ball up to 60+ mph (depending on pulley size and motor speed). It uses a lower return track setup than your A's begining at the lift rods. The kickbacks are different to accomadate this modification. At the entrance to the common track is a trough like device that guides the ball as a long belt (length is about 5 feet or so) pulls it through. It is then "spit" out and down a track at whatever speed it is setup to run at. The track is made of plastic going to the front instead of metal rails. This keeps damage to minimum. If the speed of the setup is high enough (25 mph or so) a device (called a "retarder") is used just before the power lift to slow the ball down. Made from either leather or the newer cloth style...it slows down the ball enough to prevent tearing up the power lift. Most mechanics have slowed down the setup so the "retarder" is not needed at the power lift.

OK ... that was pretty winded. I hope that helps you understand the differences between the two...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X