Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TURRET INDEXING PAST #5

AFTER FEEDING 9 PINS TO TURRET, THE TURRET FAILS TO STOP AT THE #5 CHUTE AND STARTS INDEXING BACK AROUND.I HAVE FITTED A NEW SHORT TURRET DRIVE BELT BUT STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM. WHEN THE TURRET TRIPS BY ITSELF PAST THE #5,THE TIME DELAY IS NOT MOVING ONLY THE TRIP LEVER IS MOVING UP AND DOWN BY ITSELF.HAVE CHECKED TURRET ASSY FOR LOOSE BOLTS OR BENT OR BROKEN PARTS WITH NO LUCK.

Re: TURRET INDEXING PAST #5

I would look at your peddle adjustment and
    turret linkage.Most likely you have some slop
    in the short link.Check both x-pins holes.

Comment

You might check the pins on the side of the turret frame the indexing roller pivots on. They might be loose, or sloppy. Maybe the long turret belt has too much tension creating alot of pull on turret. Spring tension only needs enough tension to index the turret at the five pin in a smooth motion without hesitation.

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 08-02-2000).]

Comment

check the bolts holding the indexing pan to the turret ring underneath....sometimes they back out or break and cause the indexing pan to hang lower than normal, thus throwing off the normal indexing motion at whatever point the bolts are out. It's aggravating as hell and unless you know to look for it, it can easily go undetected even under close scrutiny. Hope this helps.
        Mike
        "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Also check the bolt that holds the indexing bellcrank to the turret frame. It may have worked loose. Also check the #8 turret wire and be sure it's not touching the indexing trip lever as it goes by. It may be holding the trip lever down just long enough to cause it to multiple index.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I'll have to agree with Toolz.
            the screws under the turret pulley do get very frustrating.
            I've had this happen on my machines a few times, use 'locktite' before you tighten them, helps hold them in and not come loose again.

other then that, check the tension on the long turret belt.

------------------
            Tech

Comment

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE INTERLOCK PROBE TO MAKE SURE IT IS NOT TOO LOW? IT MAY BE CONTACTING THE TORSION LATCH...ALSO MAKE SURE THE TRIP LEVER COMPRESSION SPRING IS NOT BROKEN OR WEAK, AS IT MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BRING THE INDEXING LATCH BACK ENOUGH TO STOP THE INDEXING, WITH ALL THE PRESSURE THE TURRET BUILDS UP AS IT APPROACHES THE FIVE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Comment

Ive also seen turret wires and spoons bent far enough to catch the torsion latch when they went by. Quality sells a pretty awesome little kit you can put on your short link to eliminate some of that slop. It replaces the X-pins with a bolt, can really help on indexing problems.

Jerrid
                and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Have you pulled apart the time delay gear??
                  I had a problem similar to that once, check it out to see if there is any binding in that, the torsion latch was hitting the cog on mine, stoping it from indexing freely and often multiple indexing.

just a thought

------------------
                  Tech

Comment

check your spider release lever and make sure it isn't hitting the torsion latch when the five pin gets under the x-conveyor. it could be touching it just enough to trip it and thus causing the turret to index. also sometimes just the "slam" of the turret going under the x-conveyor can trip the torsion latch. this will only happen if the torsion latch is just touching the stop on the time delay gear. this can be eliminated by shaving just a little off of the rubber bumper that holds the torsion latch. just a thought.

alex
                    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                    Cloth: ShamWow!
                    Machine: Johnny 5
                    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X