Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUTO SWITCHING B1 TO B2

I HAVE A MACHINE THAT OCCASIONALY SWITCHES FROM B1 TO B2 ALL BY ITSELF USUALLY AS BALL HITS REAR PIT CUSHION AND TRIGGERS RAKE. AS RAKE DROPS MACHINE CHANGES TO B2 AND WIPES AWAY THE PINS. I HAVE A2's AND AS-80 SCORING WITH NEW PINS SOLENOID.CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A CAUSE OR REMEDY. HAVE CHANGED NEW PINS SOLENOID ASSY BUT STILL HAVE PROBLEM.

Re: AUTO SWITCHING B1 TO B2

Has anyone been working on that machine lately?Someone messing with the detector rod adjustment?Have you seen the machine acually
    do it ,does the new pin solenoid energize?More information would be helpful.
    You might want to remove the x-pin from the
    new pin solenoid and see if it stops that would at least help narrow the problem down some.Good luck.

Comment

maybe you have a foul light thats not buzzing or beeping but still detecting a foul nonetheless and triggering the machine to do that on purpose....that would be my only guess at this point....keep us updated on what it turns out to be, because I would love to know what causes THAT problem!
      Mike
      "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Paul and Toolz,
        If it is the foul circuit, the machine will set new pins and then switch to 2nd ball. If it isn't switching to second ball after setting the new pins...it can't be the foul circuit. Check to be sure the spring is attached to the standing pins selector. Also check the spring between the standing pins controller and selector. Either one missing can cause this. Though I believe it is in the new pin solenoid circuit. Remove the x-washer pin as David said and see if the problem goes away...if it does, try swapping the Scanner board if 86 scanners or the D/A board if 79 scanners. The old style new pin solenoid design used a relay that could also cause this problem...have you tried changing the board in the solenoid box?

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I may just be getting too old to remember, but back in 1990 we had a brand new installation that had the wires to the new pin solenoid clamped in such a way that the machine vibration shook them to the point of breakage. The wire broke inside the insulation and was really hard to find. I ended up extending the clamp a few inches to lessen the "shake". we had intermittant solenoid engagement. A real pain. I would agree that pulling the pin on the solenoid will help narrow the possibilities. I have also pulled the foul light plug on the data processor to help narrow it down.(as90)
          41 years and still learning....
          lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X