Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Strips

Any one else having problems getting a tiger strip to stay on a ball wheel. Ive cleaned the ball wheel repeatedly before applying the strip, and gone back a couple of hours later and the thing is laying across the motor mount shaft. Just got some more in last week hoping they would work a little better, nope! You'd figure for 8 bucks a strip they would stay on for more than 1 night. Having mass customer complaints because they are leaving the adhesive on the ball wheel and transfering it to the customers balls. Maybe if you buy a pack of 3 they will start giving you a free can of contact cement LOL.

Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Tiger Strips

You are correct about the darn things coming off. I talked to Zot, and was told they had fixed the problem. That was in March. I guess there is still a boo-boo in the glue-goo. If you have alot of them, call PJ @ Zot

billman
    let me be myself

Comment

or stop buying the DARN things. Try another idea...there have been many good ideas posted in this forum. Try one and see how it works for you...you know these don't.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

a very cheap and easy ulturnative is just plain old carpet.
        we had the centre I work in's carpet relaid up the front and we got all the cast away carpet...
        cut them into approx 3 -4ft strips the width of the ball wheel and glue them on.
        if you use the right glue they'll stay there for ages!
        I'll go along every couple off weeks and tidy up the few frayed areas but I don't usually have to replace any for well over 6 months!

give that a go, cast off carpet is generally cheap!

------------------
        Tech

Comment

I have tried everything you can imagine on a ball wheel to get a ball back. It does not matter how perfect your adjustments are, there is still that 1 ball that will not go up. The main reason I bought the tiger strips is for my night time mechanics that dont have the downtime to put contact cement on a ball wheel. Ive been saving the old strips, stripping off all of the adhesive and then re-applying them with contact cement. This seems to work well. IMO They are a good product just a little bit overpriced, rubber strips hold up great, just seems to be a problem with the adhesive, but now I have to go remove adhesive from about 25 ball wheels.

Jerrid
          and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

We have been using the product from Vantage... I think it is called ss24 or something like that. It is not as thick as the tiger strip and it is a bit wider. I get it in a 24 ft. roll and cut them to 18-24 inches. I clean the wheel with chlorinite or acetone, then peel and stick. they last about a season. We used to use carpet, and although it does work, if you get a ball stuck in the lift rods, the friction will make short work of any coverstock... Also, I really got tired of the strings and fuzz being carried all over the pinsetter. I used tigerstrips back in 91 or 92 and had good luck with them. I guess the quality control people dropped the ball...
            41 years and still learning....
            lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Hello,
              New to the site, wanted to add to the discussion about Ball wheel kickers.
              I use two things with great success.
              One is the Vantage 100SS-24, it comes in a 24' roll so you can cut it to whatever lengths you want. It also has a very good adhesive, Mine wear off before they ever peel off.
              The other thing we use, if we can find a hardware store that sells, it is rolled cork. You have to cut this to length and width and apply it with contact cement, but the price is around $5.00 a roll.

Comment

I agree with Jerrid. Although the Tiger Strips are the best at moving balls up the rods, they come with some piss-poor glue on 'em.

We have a bunch of them laying on the bench waiting to be 'reglued'. Some mechanics that work here still prefer the carpet, though. Every other lane has pieces of carpet DUCK-TAPED ON! Crazy old man.

[This message has been edited by Jambu (edited 08-08-2000).]

Comment

I have had good luck with ball wheel liner from Tech-Line. Its about $3 per foot, comes in a 25' roll. I put a 20" piece on the wheel and when it starts to wear, I apply another piece behind the first one. It lasts about 9 to 12 months. PJ
                  I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

We have some issues with the adhesive on the Tiger Strips. We have had samples sent direct to 3M and have come up with a solution to the problem if anyone is still having problems please contact me at ZOT.

PJ

------------------
                    P J Rosendahl
                    www.bowlingfactoryoutlet.com

Comment

seems a few years back, I swore by the Tiger Strips, they were the best thing since sliced bread.... now I'm in a new house, and I swear I'd have better luck getting WD40 to stick to the ballwheels... Figured these wheels had just been abused too much, but I'm starting to believe that the Tiger strips have instead become chicken shi*.... umm... I mean, kitten strips..............

Thanks all for the extra boost in my suspicions... what do these guys manufacture these things in a kindergarten class??????

Grr
                      Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

i just put some tiger strips on! And they are staying on too...so far! Spray the entire ball wheel while the pinsetter is on. Take a rag and clean the hell out of it then dry the ballwheel. Turn off the pinsetter...apply the tiger strip on. What kind of cleaner are you using? I use System #407 from Poly-Chem. It has...so i'ver heard...a drying element in it. Try it!!

ßA

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X