Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber mats on shaker board.

The center I work at know had rubber mats instead of carpet on their shaker board? Do they make a difference with pinsetter problems? I noticed that there is a lot more pins action with these mats.

Re: Rubber mats on shaker board.

Those rubber mats are the "Headway Carpet Masters". They do a good job, but can get the balls and pins VERY dirty, Make sure they are cleaned very frequently. I worked in a center where the mechanic before me "glued" them to the carpets on the shaker board--what a mess! Personally, I think they're crap...but to each his own.

Kat
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

The best use I've found for the darn things is that they will buy you a little time if your shakerboard begins to crack and the ball is idling under the edge of the cushion. I've noticed that owners don't like to shell out $400.00 a pop for a new shaker until it's ABSOLUTELY necessary....know what I mean?....LOL
      Mike
      "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

There is a company called Pin Movers that sells a black rubber like mat. I've used a few and was very disappointed with them. We cleaned them every week like they told us to. After a couple of months, the pins didn't move as well as when the mats were new. The only thing I use them for is when the board is cracked and don't have a new one in yet. The pins in those machines start to turn grey from the dirt that doesn't get wiped off by the carpet cover. Personaly, I don't like them.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I've got a couple of lanes with the rubber mats on the shakers.
          personally I like them...
          yes they do make the pins get dirty quicker, but they are easyer to clean, and I like to change over my pins every couple of weeks anyway.
          I've had less trouble with my rubber ones then the carpet ones, the carpet fur once it has the smallest amount of dirt on it lays down and the pins just sit there... even when the rubber ones are dirty they keep moving.

that's my opinion anyway... doesn't look like many other people would agree with me though! lol

------------------
          Tech

Comment

I have about six or seven of those Pin Mover covers installed. They work real good been in for about three or four months now. Haven't had any trouble with them at all. Jacks

Comment

We tried a couple different styles of covers back in the late 80's... pin transfer was good if the covers were secured well, but the dirt factor was not acceptable. we are still to this day using them- we cut then into strips and use them like a tray to collect the dirt under the elevator assembly.
              41 years and still learning....
              lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

sounds like a good use for them to me doc...lol
                Main Event Entertainment

Comment

We got 32 from Pin Movers 3 years ago and they are still in. We had a lot of problems
                  with with the bowlers having to wait for pins to set. True the get pins dirty but we keep them clean and it keeps the pins
                  going. I have only changed 4 shaker boards since I took over 31/2 years ago and they were bad when I started. I belive that they save lots of ware on the shaker boards. I like them and would not be without them.

Comment

Got 24 carpet masters about 13-14 years ago. In the last year, they have really started to breaking up. But I think I have gotten my moneys worth. PJ
                    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Our center has a few installed (about 12 in a 48 lane house). We have a great deal of linage and i've noticed the mats get very oily very quick. I've remember pulling one out of a machine one Saturday during the kids league because it developed a "lip" on the back end near the ball wheel. Was enough to prevent lighter balls from gravitating to the ball wheel. Personally, when Carpets are new, theres nothing like them. Keeps pins and balls clean. But as soon as they a saturated, it's time to change them, or cover them.
                      What do we do with the bits left over?

Comment

Pin Monkey,
                        Instead of replacing them...ever try cleaning them? We pull the board out, lay it down, put some soapy water on it, a little scrubbing, rinse off with water and let dry. Just like a new carpet.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Steve:

I have a pressure washer here, hook up a gallon jug of tide to the cleaner hose, soap carpet on low pressure, let sit for about 45 seconds, switch to high pressure and blast away: De-funks a carpet in about 4 minutes with no scrubbing involved. Kept one of the old "gutter ends" from the magnesium rake boards to use as a squeegee to reduce drying time. Only part that needs to be done twice is the area between the wings, where the carpet's always matted and grungy. I usually do them in may, and again in september.

Kevin

Comment

Hi Jeebs!
                            Hey, cleaning them would be an option... but we cant get guys to put tools away or sweep the floor... cleaning a pit carpet would be TOTALLY out of the question. Just the cross us part timers have to bare.
                            What do we do with the bits left over?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X