Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Bowling Deck Chutes

I just received some new deck chutes from Quality Bowling, and wanted to know if anyone is using them, and what they think of them. They are a black, rubberlike material, which you can twist any which way and it seems like they won't deform nor split. The part number for them ends in an "S", standing for "soft", and they are pretty cheap-about $21 each, even 1-7-10's. I am planning to install them, and wanted to hear any feedback, so I can have an idea of what to expect. Thanks

Re: Quality Bowling Deck Chutes

i don't know about the quality deck chutes but i'm using the murrey "slick" chute and the are great. i'm skeptical of qualities urethane/rubber part after those "newmatic" tires.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

test them, cheap doesn't make them better. i use murreys, they work.

Comment

It's been my experience that no matter who's deck chutes you use or what they're made of, cutting the flange off the bottom of it totaly eliminates pins sticking in them. Doing this does not cause any ill effects at all such as marking pins...You can just kiss deck jams caused by stinking pins goodbye. Quote:]Originally posted by GJONES:
        I just received some new deck chutes from Quality Bowling, and wanted to know if anyone is using them, and what they think of them. They are a black, rubberlike material, which you can twist any which way and it seems like they won't deform nor split. The part number for them ends in an "S", standing for "soft", and they are pretty cheap-about $21 each, even 1-7-10's. I am planning to install them, and wanted to hear any feedback, so I can have an idea of what to expect. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

It's been my experience that trimming off deck chute skirts may help with deck jams but be aware to anybody concidering this, it may allow pins to lean a little to much in the chute, and pins falling over shortly after the 270 point :-( Not that it will happen to everybody, but it did to me. Just order Murry brand to replace your problem chutes. Vantage black chutes are in second place on my best deck chute list.

Comment

Brian,
            Since I've been using Murreys deck chutes...I've found it unnecessary to trim deck chutes any longer. However..I have found many mechanics trim ALL of the skirt of the deck chute off. To those who do...be careful. I noticed that when the entire skirt is trimmed off, it allows the deck chute to deform when pressure is applied to it from a pin and allow the aluminum of the deck to be exposed and contact the pin...thus scuffing the belly of the pin. We started leaving 1/8th of an inch of the skirt to prevent the chute from deforming.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I have been trimming all but about a 1/4 inch of the ring off my Brunswick deck chutes for years now, especially now that I am in Tx where the humidity really can push the deck jams out of site. Trimming the rings really does help, but one must be careful not to take the whole ring off.

True, it does eliminate the warranty, but my bowlers dont care about a warranty, all they care is that the machines go up and down without problems. After all that is where our pay checks come from.

The brown rubber brunswick chutes were great back in the days of plastic coated pins. pins have changed but the chutes have not. I would stick with the classic brown chutes if they were re-designed to meet the need of the 21 st century.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Wilson (edited 08-20-2000).]
              Mike Wilson
              Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

GJONES
                Several companies make a good bucket.The Murrey one is very good and I have had good luck with the green Eastern ones(I have used lots of them for over 15 years and almost never replace one.Maybe I have been lucky)I say give the Quality ones a fair test,you never know when someone will come up with a improvement on a part.As for trimming the skirt I always like to trim mine at least the 4 or 5 inches between the spotting fingers.It is possible to get some pin damage as a result of trimming but in the centers I've worked at its never been a real issue.

Comment

I have found trimming deck chutes shortens the life of the chutes. Thus making parts bill increase do to shorter deck chute life. I feel it would be better to experiment with different chutes out there to find what works for you without modification of chute. Trimming will work, but shortens life of chute.

Comment

murry is the best i've seen for a long time

Comment

Larry,
                      Curious on how you determined that and with which brand of deck chute. Did any one brand last longer than the other...which brand fell apart quicker and do you have any thoughts on why trimming shortens the life of the chute?

Just curious...

Steve
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I've got a question since were on the subject. Who made the orange colored urethane(I think)deck chutes? I've only been in the business for about 10 years so the ones that are on our machines were installed before I started there, but I'm betting they must be 15+ years old (is that old for a deck chute?). The few that are left are slowly crumbling apart, like there drying up, so when I see one I'll just throw on a Murrey and all is well. Also, how about those grey plastic chutes (Brunswick?). We bought a few of those a few years ago, and talk about a brittle chute, have had some of em split in two on both sides! Also, dont you just hate it when the #8 & 9 chutes are installed backwards (not by me though)

Comment

A2guy,
                          The Orange buckets were made by Hyline company which has since been bought out by another company (I believe it was eastern).
                          They were one of the first companys to come out with a large selection of urathane parts.
                          The original buckets were orange and you could almost see thru them.Because they had some problems with the original buckets they changed to a brighter orange one.That bucket turned out to be very good.The green bucket that eastern sells is similiar to the last orange ones that hyline made and is also a very good bucket.
                          The grey brunswick one you mentioned as far as I'm concerned is not very good,and yes I hate it when they put the buckets on wrong also.

Comment

Still have about a dozen of the orange hy-lines in service here, have replaced chutes around them several times, in some cases.

My theory on trimming:

Trimming off the entire skirt does shorten the life, because of the flexing involved when the turret dumps pins. Pins hit the side of the bucket somewhere, causes bucket wall to flex outward. The skirt provides some resistance to the flexing, and after all, we all know you can only flex a piece of urethane so many times before it cracks, otherwise pit mounts would last forever .. LOL!! If you doubt this thought, put a new chute in, with skirt intact, and wiggle it and compare to one without the skirt. The one with skirt intact will not flex half as much. Most bucket cracks are near the bottom, right ... where the falling pin beats on it.

Down side, I've seen pins stick in every un-trimmed bucket I've tried (haven't tried murrey's yet)

Best gremlin caused was by a vantage 5 pin chute that would every so often hang up the 5 pin just enough to prevent the pin release lever from letting the spider re-lock. Tried a half-dozen other things before trimming the skirt, problem gone.

Kevin

Comment

Have been using the Murrays and they are the best.
                              Ken Forst "The meek may inherit the earth but the truly demented will still rule it"

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X