Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brunswick pit crew?

is anyone here a member of the brunswick pit crew? if you're not familiar with it. it is a "club" that you can join and you get "special" newslatters and access to a members only website(that doesn't work half of the time). i was just wondering if anyone else fell for this gimmick or if i was the only sucker that fell for it.
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: brunswick pit crew?

When I got a their flyer on the pit crew, I called to sign up. But after they asked, and who do we charge this to? I said charge for what? $25 annual fee. No thank and hung up. There is nothing free from Brunswick. PJ
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Mints are FREE @ Murrey just call Jim 800-421-1022!

Comment

I am the General Manager of a business unit at Brunswick that has just been given the added responsibility for service parts. Along with that comes Pit Crew.

First off, I agree the Pit Crew websight is not what it should be. We will be taking steps to address this in the near future. We will also be upgrading the program to include a frequent buyer reward program. Sort of a "Mileage Plus" for mechanics.

However, if any of you have joined Pit Crew and are unsatisfied with the value you have received, or if you have ideas on how we can improve the program, lets talk about it. I can be reached during the day at 231-725-4998. You may have to leave a message but I'll get back to you.

I'll also be happy to address any concerns you might have with Brunswick parts, finish and supplies or Brunswick in general.

Brent

Comment

Brent,
          Do you realize the can of worms you can open up with a statement like that???

"I'll also be happy to address any concerns you might have with Brunswick parts, finish and supplies or Brunswick in general."

I'm quite sure there are quite a few people here that would enjoy sharing their ideas with you, or gripes...

First comment I will make is in regards to this thread...why would you charge your customers in order to convince them to buy from you??? The pit crew was supposed to be an idea to get mechanics to buy Brunswick parts...like Visa wanting you to use their charge card instead of American Express. Looks like this...buy from Brunswick and we will reward you - oh, but we will charge you 25 dollars in order to reward you. Some reward.

I suppose Brunswick has some good reason to charge 25 dollars a year for something that doesn't work most of the time. Oh yeah...the bottom line.

As I warned you...you opened the can...here it comes.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 08-08-2000).]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Brent:
            Glad to see you in this forum.
            Many things are discussed, some positive, some not, but it's the very best way for our concerns to be addressed.
            Again, welcome.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

Thanks for the welcome to the newsgroup. I hope to be able to contribute when appropriate.

As for the can of worms that I may be opening......if you think it is tough to be a customer of Brunswick, try being an employee! ;}

The comparison was made of Pit Crew to Visa vs Amex charge cards. Well, I know that I pay $50 per year for my United Airline Mileage Plus Mastercard. Sure, I could get a charge card for free. But the fact that I get a mile of Mileage Plus credit for every dollar that I spend makes the $50 a good investment.

Frequent buyer programs often have an upfront charge to cover administrative costs. Usually, they give you something nominal to make the administrative cost more palatable. In the case of my Mastercard, the only thing I get other than the reward is the little plastic card that gives me the privledge of spending most of my paycheck. At least in Pit Crew, I think we give a hat or something.

The problem is when the upfront charge is not justified by the reward. Basically, that comes down to value. And its my job to see if we can make the Pit Crew thing a good value if it is not already so. I and the rest of the folks at our business unit will be trying to do so in the coming months. You customers will be the ultimate judge of whether we are successful. That is why I was asking for input.

Brent

Comment

brent
                for starters i commend you for facing the brunt of mechanics frustrations towards brunswick(i hope it pays well). i didn't mind paying the 25 dollars for the membership fee. it's just that i joined a month ago and went to the website as soon as i got home. i was disappointed to see that the last post was in december of '99. and the "tip of the month" was common sense. another thing that kind of bothers me is this whole racing thing(i hold nothing against those of you that enjoy auto racing). it seems that the one thing that all of us have in common is that we work on pinsetters and to alienate a portion of your customers just seems kind of silly to me. i can think of a few things that you could offer that maybe beneficial to us as mechanics.for example you know those calendars we get every year from our distributors? how about a calendar that has an exploded view of a different assembly each month and some maintenance tips that coincide with that assembly and it will also let you know what parts specials you will be running that month. i always find out what parts are on sale AFTER i make my monthly parts order(doesn't do me much good then, does it?). and i kind of have a problem with the reward for the most money spent. i feel that rewards poor maintenance or you can just "buy" rewards if you have the budget. as for jumping on you about brunswick parts...you're a smart guy, read the threads.

alex
                Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                Cloth: ShamWow!
                Machine: Johnny 5
                Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

1) Wow...that took some guts....but you better believe I wrote the number down Brent if I ever need it.
                  2) My experience with the Pit Crew...Was at the Bowl Expo in Orlando (1999)last year and was given the pitch.....$25 membership fee but you will get a 10% rebate on an order.....thought about that moving deck plus the other crap I had to order, figured I would be money ahead......Ended up placing an order of like $950. Got a check back for $95. Not a bad investment already I thought. Got a call in Aug from some young gal at Brunswick, Debra(I wrote her name and number down) asking if I tried that new thing for the bottom of the ball lift rod to prevent ball jams between the lift rod and the cushion. I told her no, she said as a Pit Crew member she'd send me one for free......later found out when I went to buy another that they cost like $40. Once again thought, not a bad $25 spent. I look forward to their monthly specials....once didn't get one in the mail....called that Debra (glad I kept her number) she told me what they were and faxed me a copy (then got another copy in the mail with a personal apology). Yeah, the website is no comparison to bowltech. Wish there was cool stuff that you could get like the old King Pin Club, although the hat is cool.
                  3) Finally...wanted to send the above comments b4 but didn't want to come across as bashing a fellow mechanic. It was easy math for me on how to get the $25 back. But since this guy from Brunswick had the balls to put his pnone number out for everybody to see, I figured I should have the balls to tell my experience. Sorta seen some back peddling in your last response.....Of course we all want more attention cheaper prices etc...but here's hopefully my first/last shot at a fellow mechanic....if you didn't get your $25 worth when you used your rebate...it's your own fault.

Hope you all enjoy the next few weeks before all hell breaks loose again....enjoy it if you can.
                  JS

Comment

Right on Jason! In Brunswicks defense I recieved a 10% discount coupon on any parts order, well that month I happened to send in a $2000.00 parts order. If my calculations are correct that coupon saved me $200.00 minus my 25.00 fee to be a member thats $175.00 now in my book thats a pretty good deal. Brent keep up the good work, the pit crew is a good program (for mechanics that wish to take advantage of it). BTW what happened to the King Pin Program. Maybe you could look into that Brent.

Jerrid
                    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Brent, Nice to see you on Bowltech. Do you think Brunswick would consider taking the $ for pit crew and use it to help grow this site and possibly help create a tech convention? We may not have the resources of a Brunswick however we would be willing to add our fair %. Maybe tie into Bowl Expo and involve AMF, Polychem,Vulcan,etc. for the betterment of all? Gordon Murrey

Comment

Gordon:
                        Good suggestion, Iv'e always known personnel, other than mechanics are watching this site. And why wouldnt they? Its the first time since bowling started that techs can get together, amongst themselves, without management pressure, worrys about jobs, etc.,
                        and cuss and discuss the things that matter to us. After 42 years of reading all manners of propaganda, bulletins, news flashes, word of mouth, etc. Mike Wilson has provided us with the the single most valuable tool available to us. (IE) instant evualuation of every product on the market. Not to mention the availability of the expertise of the many willing, and helpful participants.
                        I strongly feel that now and in the years to come, Bowl-Tech will be the marketing force, in both aftermarket as well as manufacturing sales. It's in its infancy.
                        Respectfully:
                        Roscoe
                        rfm

Comment

I have my card right here but...are we supposed to get a newsletter,if so i have never recieved it.If there is one it should contain ALL types of repair tips,odd things too look for,how to change parts such as...m/d cam follower,cables and how to adjust,hook selectors etc.,for those who do'nt know and those who are new to the business.You know...things that are not in the books.Also...what happened to the King Pin Club?

Comment

Roscoe, You're right-Viva Bowl Tech and Mike Wilson for President! This format has been a long time coming and techs are starting to get some well deserved respect from it-finally.We recommend Bowl Tech to everyone in the industry.Bowl Tech should be supported by the likes of Murrey and Brunswick but with no strings attatched. If any company contolled it credibility would go out the door. This site has always had excellent credibilty and the members seem to keep each other focused on the common good. Maybe when Mike has his IPO I can buy some shares personally. Gordon

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                            Working...
                            X