Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVING DECK

HAD ONE OF MY MACHINES START ACTING UP. WHEN THE DECK GOES DOWN TO PICK UP STANDING PINS, THE MOVING DECK MAKES A SLIGHT FORWARD MOVEMENT. BEFOR DECK MOVES GENEVA ROLLERS ARE AT AN ANGLE AND THEN AFTER DECK STARTS TO LOWER AND THE SLIGHT MOVEMENT THEY ARE AT THE STRAIGHT ANGLE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE.
    CANT SEE ANYTHING VISIBLE THAT MIGHT BE BINDING OR HOLDING IT BACK A TOUCH.

I DO THINK IT IS OK NOW
    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED POINT ME WHERE TO CHECK THINGS OUT.

[This message has been edited by JEFF KUHNLE (edited 08-12-2000).]
    WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Re: MOVING DECK

If your are talking about when machine starts the cycle, then check your gearbox timing and check the 1:1 square key. The key maybe broken, this will cause a slippage of the scissor-deck cam as will the rake cam may rock also. If this is not the problem then maybe the 4;1 bronze gear is bad. I would bet on the square key.

lol. Larry

Comment

I AGREE SOUNDS LIKE THE 1:1 KEY OR A WORN 1:1 SHAFT WHERE THE MOVING DECK CAM IS SLIPPING

Comment

Jeff,
        You are describing a problem that exists on many older machines...usually a 1:1 shaft or key for the moving deck scissor cam as Larry and PC have mentioned. Also, check the roller bearing on the moving deck cam follower. Have seen enough wear to cause the contact point of the bearing change relative to the moving deck cam moving that contact point down.(laggging behind) This is very rare and very easy to check. It will move quite a bit on the shaft. It probably isn't that, but just another possibility.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

If the moving deck makes a small forward shift
          just as it starts to move it could be as simple as the gearbox clutch lever adjustment being out of adjustment and stopping early.The 2 most common symptom of that problem is when the deck shifts when the pinsetter starts and when pins are in the turret and don't drop into the deck buckets until the machine starts to cycle.
          Good luck.

[This message has been edited by David Johnson (edited 08-11-2000).]

Comment

I agree on all these replies.
            Watch your moving deck/scissors cam while the machine is going through a normal cycle.
            If you notice that the cam hesitates or pops forward than you probably have a broken key.
            If the cam stays solid check your gearbox clutch adjustment.
            On a model a the rake crank should be in a straight line with the rake crank link.
            If you have a-2s the crank link should be in a parallel plane with the rake crank.
            The crank link would be straight at about the top of the washer of the 4-1 where the crank bolts to the 4-1 shaft.
            Hope this helps.
            Grambo

Comment

My deck started shifting forward at cycle start and when picking up pins...it would set the pins down then they would all wobble badly.Found the cover for 1-1 was cracked so the 1-1 was replaced.No more troubles.Man that cover was toasted!Be sure ALL mounting hardware is tight so as not to have this happen to you too!

Comment

HEY TO ALL
                ALL OF THE REPLYS I GOT BACK HELPED. I STARTED AT THE MOST SIMPLE AREA TO CHECK OUT AND IT WAS A SLIGHT ADJUSTMENT IN THE GEAR BOX CLUTCH AND TIMING.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE.

JEFF KUHNLE
                TWIN OAKS LANES
                TOLEDO
                WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X