Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving deck troubles

Ok guys heres one for you. I have a lane that is not setting pins after 1stball strike,but not all the time just when it feels like it.The cycle goes just like normal but it will hold the pins in the moving deck.No obsruction in the moving deck or any whereelse, no binding going on. Just the thing that gets the day off to a bad start. Have went through everthing I thought I could do but I'm missing something somewhere. Hope someone can help,sometimes this stuff can make a mechanic look real dumn.

Re: moving deck troubles

Check your cycle solonoid for too close of an adjustment or the plunger seat or rivet has falling down into the plunger hole making the bellcrank and accurator bind at 90 which doesnt allow the strike cam follower to fall completely into low dwell of timming cam causing the flag not to fully move out of the way of the moving deck cam follower.

Hope this helps
    Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

masternut. will the cycle continue through 360 if this would be the cause.Thanks

Comment

Make sure that the flag is not binding on some thing. If I recall there is an alignment pin in the 1:1 cover that can work out and stop the rotation of the moving deck/scissor latch (flag)

happy hunting billman
        let me be myself

Comment

Hey Craig
          Since you said it is happening on 1st ball strike I would guess it is a detector rod adjustment.
          Try lowering the detector rod down a "touch" and run some strike cycles.
          Grambo

Comment

In addition to checking the blocking flag check to make sure the moving is not adjusted too far forward at 0 degrees, I've had that happen to me and it will cause the geniva bearing to come out of the slot on the geniva plate and ride the bottom of the plate, and cause a bind when the deck tries to shift back, once in a while, maybe not every time (the MD cable usually pops off too) Hope this helps ya out.

Comment

had this happen to me twice...
              first time was like what Masternut said, the solinoid was adjusted wrong binding a few things up... and the second was the detector rod was slightly out..
              hope that helps ya

------------------
              Tech

Comment

Much thanks to all. I'll try these things maybe thats it. Glad to have everbody on bowltech. CRAIG

Comment

Thanks Masternut for the advice on the plunger it was bad and was getting in to a bind. Hope I can return the favor someday.Lots of thanks again sometimes i get lost in the simple things. Craig

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X