Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Balls, i.e. turret rings

Okay so I trashed a new set of upper and lower turret rings this tear. A very expensive lesson. Last spring the turret on 18 was flopping up and down. So much so that it wore a hole in the five pin chute from rubbing on the front side of the halo ring. At the time I replaced the rings cause they were badly worn. Now after overhauling the turret this week the new rings were also worn. As it turned out there were about 15 oversized bearings in the outer ring. Miked out at .3783 vice .3750. Where they came from I don't know. The questions are has anybody ran into this? How critical are the sizes, apparently very critical. Also brunswick sells carbon coated bearings vice chrome bearings. Are they sacraficial to save the the rings? Since they are softer then the chrome ones.
    Thanks, jacks

Re: Big Balls, i.e. turret rings

Jacks:
    Not much activity on this thread.
    I certainly understand why. I would suppose that the turret in question had been rebuilt before. Most probably whomsoever rebuilt it went to the bearing store to replace the balls that were lost running down the gutter, when they did'nt pay attention to Dr.Pepper, IE, ten, two and four. My guess is that the bearing store had some 9.6 mm bearings in with the 3/8 stock. As to low carbons, it's my understanding they are less subject to brinnelling and the resultant flakeing common to high carbons. I feel its a mute point however, as many turrets are still running strong with ten million lines on them, with a minimum of upkeep.
    JMO
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
    Working...
    X