Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Balls, i.e. turret rings

Okay so I trashed a new set of upper and lower turret rings this tear. A very expensive lesson. Last spring the turret on 18 was flopping up and down. So much so that it wore a hole in the five pin chute from rubbing on the front side of the halo ring. At the time I replaced the rings cause they were badly worn. Now after overhauling the turret this week the new rings were also worn. As it turned out there were about 15 oversized bearings in the outer ring. Miked out at .3783 vice .3750. Where they came from I don't know. The questions are has anybody ran into this? How critical are the sizes, apparently very critical. Also brunswick sells carbon coated bearings vice chrome bearings. Are they sacraficial to save the the rings? Since they are softer then the chrome ones.
    Thanks, jacks

Re: Big Balls, i.e. turret rings

Jacks:
    Not much activity on this thread.
    I certainly understand why. I would suppose that the turret in question had been rebuilt before. Most probably whomsoever rebuilt it went to the bearing store to replace the balls that were lost running down the gutter, when they did'nt pay attention to Dr.Pepper, IE, ten, two and four. My guess is that the bearing store had some 9.6 mm bearings in with the 3/8 stock. As to low carbons, it's my understanding they are less subject to brinnelling and the resultant flakeing common to high carbons. I feel its a mute point however, as many turrets are still running strong with ten million lines on them, with a minimum of upkeep.
    JMO
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X