Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick MAX Pins

Our center had used Brunswick MAX pins and the AMF pins (Glow-in-the-dark) for our Cosmic Bowling. Anyway, over a period of time, the Brunswick pins turned yellow like a they were stained. Obviously from dirt and oil but this was ridiculous! I am embarassed as an employee to see this! Well, we are going back to the AMF pins. I just put in new AMF pins tonight in our 32 lane house. So, does anyone else have this problem....their pins turning yellow after a while?

Re: Brunswick MAX Pins

we got some second hand pins recently that had been stained yellow... it looked like from a pin washer...

the old MAX that we had at my centre never got it... we washed most of them by hand,
    could be the pin washer

------------------
    Tech

Comment

I have found that with the new "glow pins" it's the UV coating on the pins which is turning yellow. I've been running MAX for a year now, and no yellowing problem. If you don't believe me, take one new MAX and one new AMFLITE and put it under a blacklight for a week or two. Then look at it under daylight (or SP65) and you'll see that both have yellowed.
      I, for one, prefer the MAX over the Amflite II as the MAX score better, run thru the pinsetters better, and keep their sound longer.

Kat
      "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I disagree with the previuos post. I have bruns. max, they are so yellow after 1 yr. they don't glow enough for scorer to read. They glow about half as bright as when they did new. I have 2 yr old amf pins they still look great.
        I rotate my pins every 6 weeks. As for max sound, they do sound good and pin action is ok also. But for my money amf lasts and look better longer.

Comment

Ok, my 2 cents worth.

I have used MAX pins for the last 3 years now. All of them have turned yellow as they got older. I noticed the yellow appearing at about 6 months of use. The older the pins are the more yellow is apparent. A few of the older pins could almost pass for colored pins.

I have used AMF in the past, and agree with the above post. They stay white throughout thier life. I do agree with the MAX sounding better and scoring better. Without a doubt they do run through the pinsetters better.

I have a split house, 16 and 16. One side the wood is 6 months old, the other side has 1 year old wood. The difference in appearance is like night and day. You could mix up pins from one side to the other, and I could pick out exactly which pins they were, as they are that much yellowed.

Until they actually go bad, or quit scoring, there is not much I can do. <shrug>

Wookie

Comment

the idea of the UV light may be on the nose... we don't have the UV lighting on the machines at my centre... but the centre that we got them from did have...
            coincidence???

Comment

Hey again,

With our split house, only one side had the blcklights (UV) installed. The side without the UV lighting always got the newer pins (have AMF cameras on that side), for scoring purposes. They turned yellow just like the other side with the UV lights. In fact, when it got so bad, it caused scoring problems with the cameras, so they got moved over the the other side. The other (UV) side has AMF accuscore arrays in the kickbacks, so I could use black pins in those machines without a scoring problem.

Anyhow, another 2 cents worth,
              (can i claim these pennies on my taxes?)

Wookie

Comment

i have noticed the same in the brunswick max's they loose their brightness and turn yellow... another problem our center has seen w/ them is they drop like back and forth on GS98's what we got.. so we experimented by putting new maxs out there...same problem.. so we set up a lane that was dropping the most max's with brand new amf pins...nothing is dropping..less pinjams,and they look really nice at cosmic..
                just my opinion,
                -C

Comment

Hey

We use 2 sets of Max's, 1 set one year old and the other 2 years old and a set of Vultex that would be 3 years old i think.

We don't have any problems with any of them going yellow. Some of the first set of max's, some of the coating is wearing away, but no probs with colour. We are 28 lanes and we change 1 pair of lanes a day, wash those pins, so they are only in the machines for a month at a time. That maybe the reason why

Cheers
                  Andrew D

Comment

I don't have problems with them turning yellow because they don't last long enough to turn yellow. I put in new pins last christmas and have already pulled out at least 40 broken pins on my 10 lanes. The necks are cracking and I have had three pins where the heads came right off.Maybe just a bad run from the factory? Anyway I am seriously looking at twisters and would like to see some updates on the twister forum.
                    You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Comment

Hey

Just a thought, could it be a nicitine build up? You know what that stuff is like with the overhead monitors. We have been a non-smoking centre for a while now and we dont have half the problems with dirty overheads anymore, but we also found it was getting down a far as the automatic triggering sensors, so might it not get to the pins aswell???

Just a thought
                      AKD

PS. We have blacklight that we have been running for as long as i have been there, and no yellowing

[This message has been edited by akd (edited 09-20-2000).]

Comment

Guys

We have been using Max's at the center I work in now for about 2 years. We are switching to AMF pins as we have had problems with Max's running badly in our A2s. As for yellowing the only time I had problems with that was with new cross conveyor belts. The pins in that pair were noticeably yellow compared to their siblings in other lanes. We referred to them as the smokers. I also feel that Max's don't sound as good as AMFlites do. I must say ours even after two years still look good from foul line but they still do not run well in machines...when they were newer we had lots of them hanging in buckets....and had to send about 20 cases back for replacement. They do score pretty well for the most part but still feel AMF pins are better.

Mike

Comment

We had Max for about 3 years and when we got rid of them all our problems went away. I think the AmflightII's out score Max by a ton, our scores went through the roof when we switched. I have always kept the flat gutters and kick backs real tight and for some reason the Max just left more corner pins. I don't think one out last the other because I am replacing them about the same as any other, cracked necks ever time I go through them. I did try and go with the rebuilding deal one time and will never try it again, had flakes all over the machines and it was like hitting pumpkins. We never had the Max GID pins but have not noticed any yellowing in the others.
                          Drill
                          Drill

David Bolt
                          Champaign, IL
                          USBC Silver Coach
                          IBPSIA BOD
                          IBPSIA Advanced
                          Technical Certified
                          Pro Shops

Comment

Hey

But with the AMFLITE pins, how many of you guys have had problems with the coverings on them coming away from the wood after a certain time??

Cheers
                            Andrew D

Comment

It does not really matter what brand. Ever since they came out with surlyn castings, being thigher than the plastic coatings, the bellies are indented by the bowling balls and the covers do not stay with the core. Just my version of it. Anyone else got a better explanation? PJ
                              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X