Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180 degree stops with full deck

I have only been doing this since January 1999. We recently replaced a deck lift shaft, and the 'mechanic' who is a general maintenance person that attended Brunswick training for A-2's came in to get the machine running properly. He removed and reinstalled the turret and the detector assemblies
    Now I am getting 180 degree waiting on pins stops even though the deck is full. I crawled under the machine yesterday and I find that the long link does not always cause the latch to latch.
    First I found that the link was installed under the roller which caused it to ride over the cam. But, that has not corrected the problem. I observed the action of the latch from the side of the pinsetter during a delivery of pins to the deck and the latch does not move far enought to the rear to latch.
    What adjustments do I need to make?

Re: 180 degree stops with full deck

Check the turret long link underneath to see if the square plate behind the circular rubber stop(on the link itself) is broken off, most likely to the inside. If not, check your 180 interlock link adjustment. This involves unclamping the rear interlock cross-shaft and rotating the 180 link higher or lower as needed. Finally I would suggest checking the plunger or plunger link for worn, rounded out holes. A sticking plunger can cause all sorts of nasty things including this one.
    Hope this helps....keep us informed.
    Mike
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Gene,
      There is a small oilite bearing in the front of the long link. Be sure it is there. Part # 11-421061
      Next, check that the oil pan is installed properly...if the lever on the rear interlock shaft is catching on it, it may cause this problem.
      Next, try moving the long link rearward by hand, (be sure power is disconnected) with the accuator links down (clutch latch under pin in clutch reset lever) and machine at 0 degrees. See if the 180 interlock link is rising too high and hitting the pin in the clutch release lever. If this is happening, it would explain why only sometimes you see the problem. It would only happen at 0 degrees. You would need to make the adjustment Mike mentioned above.
      If that doesn't help, the long link itself may be bent causing it to be shorter than it should be...I would measure the length of it and compare that to another one on a different machine.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

one more thing to check is the turret pulley. sometimes the screws holding that on come loose only far enough to move the pulley down so the roller misses the cam.
        other then that, Mike and Steve had every other possibility I could think of
        good luck

------------------
        Tech

Comment

OK, I gotta ask..... Why did he remove and reinstall the turret and detector? I can't see why that was done for a deck shaft change out!!! Are some details missing here?

billman
          let me be myself

Comment

I want to thank all of you that game me some hints on what to look for.
            This could become long winded, forgive me.
            For Toolz; the 180 link appears to be adjusted properly. However, while investigating I found that the square plate on the long link hits the restricted drop link assembly p/n's 12-150210 & 12-150298. We looked for a way to move something and it doesn't look good.
            For jbees; The bearing is in place, there is no oil pan, I did replace the long link with a new one as it looked like the mice had been at the one on the machine , I think someone had attempted bending the darn thing as it had dents all over the curved section.
            For Aussie Tech; The turret pulley is tight and secure.
            For billman; a little explanation is in order. I had removed and replaced the detector because the hook assembly selector in the detector had broken off the bearing that rides on the hook selector cam and I couldn't reach into the detector to replace or repair the item. I had to remove the 'C' shaft to get the arm off. The 'mechanic' did tell me there was a burr on one of the cams that he had to file off for smooth opertion.
            The 'mechanic'(?) stated that the turret had a problem so he removed, repaired and replaced the unit.
            So again thank all of you, and I hope you can still aid me in getting this problem fixed.
            Gene

Comment

Gene...short of a broken turret frame, there should have been nothing to necessitate the removal of the entire turret. I would ask the "mechanic" what he actually did. It may lead you in the proper direction.
              As for the square plate striking the links...is the curved side of the long link towards the right or left? It should be the left. Maybe it is on upside down. Just a thought...

The hook selector rides on the "D" shaft...why would you remove the "C" shaft? Or did the "mechanic" do that? Or is that what he told you? What cam did he "deburr"?

Hope this "mechanic" doesn't "help" you out too often...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 10-02-2000).]
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Gotta love the oddballs:

You're saying the long link hits the restricted drop mechanism: Is the restricted drop arm assembled properly?

T148 (the curved part) should be on the 10 pin side of T156. If not, you're pushing T156 into the path of the long link. I can get the plate to hit the long link, but only slightly and by wiggling stuff at that, but if it was on the wrong side, it would be a different story. This could interfere with the travel of the long link, causing intermittent problems.

Hope this helps:

Kevin

Comment

Gene:

By the way, broken hook selector bearing can be changed w/o removing detector from machine. With machine at 0, first ball:

Remove roll pins gb259d and gb259e, lower hook control arm, and cross shaft link. Tap shaft gb259 towards 10 pin side of machine just until hook selector arm can be removed. Replace bearing and re-install. Thanks to Mike Wilson for telling me about this, saves LOTS of time. I also keep a spare hook selector with new bearing installed to minimize downtime, just swap it out and replace bearing when time permits:

Kevin

Comment

I want to thank all of you for your help.
                    I believe I now have it fixed.
                    With the deck lowered I was able to move the link assy about 3/4 inch from side to side. I installed a flat washer on the step bolt so that the link assy had to stay to the 7 pin side (against the blocking finger) and the problem seems to have gone away. This changed the total movement to about 3/8 inch side to side. I was able to bowl 20 frames with no failure.
                    Again you all were of great assistance and I do thank each and every one of you.
                    Gene

[This message has been edited by Gene Dallachie (edited 10-03-2000).]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X