Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Deck cables comming off.

hello everyone.
    problem is i got one machine that keeps popping the deck cables. i have replaced both cables. becouse of binds and frays.
    its setting pins nice and smoth, no touching.
    but the lower deck cable is comming off.
    has happend 3 times now in 10 days.
    I am new at this and trying to learn from the books,2 months now..any help would be ...
    extreamly appreciated.
    ~~(__)B>

Re: Moving Deck cables comming off.

HELLO
    I TOO STARTED THE SAME WAY YOU ARE. WHAT I DO IS KEEP THE PHONE NUMBER OF ONE OF THE OLDER GUYS IN TOWN AND IF I CANT FIGURE IT OUT I GIVE HIM A CALL..
    I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO STEAR YOU ON THIS ONE, BUT ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND I KNOW YOU WILL GET AN ANSWER.

JEFF KUHNLE
    TWIN OAKS LANES
    TOLEDO OHIO
    WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Grey:
      Generally speaking when deck cables come off.
      Is the deck cable tension spring in good condition and affixed as its supposed to be?
      Is there a kink in the control cable, the one running to the deck jam switch
      Make certain that at 45 degrees, first ball, that the geneva roller is 1/8 in up in slot in geneva cam (measure from bottom of roller to bottom front of cam).
      Run deck down to floor with no pins in it, unplug main plug then go to moving deck cable, pull it off the idler pulleys, keeping tension on it with your hand on the turnbuckle, and let deck shift to its rearmost position, keep pulling the turnbuckle to shift the deck forward and releasing it to let it shift rearward until you are certain there is no hesitation in rearward shift as the geneva rollers go over top dead center. if they have to lift deck up to shift at that point, your deck is warped or cracked at shift webs.
      Check this far and let us know the results as the fixes vary.
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

thanks to jeff and midwest. for your replys.
        i did call 5 local centers But none of their on call Mechs were in. ( what ever happend to full time) called the government( military) center were i used to work. "check for binds/jams or brakes in the deck."

ok we got it running again, smothly but noticed when it shifts to set new pins,, it 270's and the deck is touching the pindeck. no clearance, but after 2 or 3 sets it is back at 1 inch. ?? could this be slack/tension from the cable or a problem...??? and why would it happen...??
        ~~(__)B>

Comment

Argh! 3rd attempt... laptop's gonna become robot food, real quick... (shuts itself off...usually about halfway through ~this~ post...)

So, anyways... (You all can't tell, but I've typed this a few times now...) First thing I'd look at, (or next thing) would be the stabilizers (control arms) on the deck posts. I've seen those bearings go out, and if both go, on severe cases, they could easily allow 1" of slop in perceived deck height (Low in front, but high in back, or vice versa) If the whole thing stays level, but varies height on setting new pins, I'd look elsewhere, but since those details are not yet available, and it's quick to check, check there first.

Also, as mentioned earlier by someone, check the moving deck jam switch cable. I've seen those kink up and fling of MD cables... too many times. You've probably been there, though, since you've had to snake it back in place when trying to put the MD cable back on... right?

If that shows nothing, look for something in the deck binding it's motion... spotting finger broke out and in a bad place, leftover rod broken off of the snubber (still haven't found 8's here ) floating in or above the scissor deck. Get a flashlight in there and look inside from the edge, that might show you something that way.

When the cable comes off, is it usually right after a deck jam? (Hard to tell, 'cuz it's likely just before one, too )

Couple more things to look at, anyway. Good luck!
          Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Thanks for all the help..
            ok. lane# 11 poped the deckcables again.
            twice friday. both after rake hits.
            everything is in working order...
            noticed that a pin was out on the detecter next to the hex-bolt (back-side) next to the follower-cam. its an alinment-bolt ?
            could this have coused the problem..?? catching or rubbing the cam as it cycles past..??? then poping the cables..???
            ps. not worried about the deck hight, part.
            it goes away after the first 1 or 2 sets. (or should i be? )
            ~~(__)B>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X