Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic clutch

Felt like I was back in the corn shucking days last night, out of nowhere and without a warning the magnetic clutch went out on lane 4. What a deal, tonight I went through and used my inferred on all of them and none showed much difference in tempeture. Is there something I am missing here or do the bearings just go out without notice in these things. Sounded like my first wife before we got married and got so bad I finally disconected it and started shucking pins to the turn pan until league was over and then changed it out.

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Magnetic clutch

Drill:

Didn't quite catch what you're saying ...

If it was the bearing inside the clutch ... disconnecting wire wouldn't help, cause the bearing would still be turning w/ the jackshaft, right ??

If on the other hand, coil in clutch was going out, causing pinwheel drive pulley to make the shrieking noise from slipping, quick emergency fix is to loosen collar, stick a matchbook cover or other friction type material (kicker strip) between clutch and drive pulley, then lock collar with as much pressure as you can get between drive pulley and clutch. This obviously causes pinwheel to turn constantly, but you can run her with 18 or 19 sticks so that you don't get turn pan jams. You might have to sit on her, but it beats the heck outta playing human pinwheel.

This also can get you through the night if a rectifier decides to go flashsmokepopstink

Kevin

Comment

Drill:
      4 different types of magnetic clutch bearings were used, with the last three all requiring lubrication on a five year basis.
      Been my experience when bearing fails or locks up, it yanks the cord from the mag. body.
      Sounds like yours just gave up the ghost, or some electrical failure.
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

Yeah, the bearing was the only thing that went out on it and it was a non replaceable bearing. Everything still worked but the noise was more than I could bear and I know they had to have heard it up front. I went through and put a #2 wire on all of the magnetic clutches so when the pin breaks off they won't turn on me and it stayed stationary but squeeled like all get out.
        I like that emergency temp. job though KL thanks and will keep that in mind.

Drill
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X