Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck chutes

well guys the other day i put a new 1,5,7,10pin murrey chute on one of my machines. i put them on and cycled it a few times , looked good and walked away.
    the next day when i got to work i had a note on my desk that read"yo mike deck jams all nite on lane 10, those new pin cups are sticking".
    i thought to myself no way! so i set the machine up to recycle and left it run for over an hour , no jams at all.so i left it go. the YABA kids started to bowl about 4pm so i stayed to watch the machine . no problem at all.
    the front desk and pinchaser are the all in one job @ the center that i work for and i questioned the guy that wrote the note , he usuallygives me good info.he told me that the 5&7 were hanging in the chutes.ever since that nite there has been no problem . did anyone have this happen to them with the murrey chute?i have no explaination for this.mike ut

Re: deck chutes

the center im at we were having pins stick in chutes and getting constant deck jams daily up until 2 weeks ago we started going throughout the house and trimming the skirts off the chutes and since then a deck jam is a rare occasion

------------------
    james
    james

Comment

merrey chutes are usally good no need to trim

Comment

Been using the Murray chutes for about 4 months now, haven't had a deck jam on with any pins with murray chutes yet.
        Ken Forst "The meek may inherit the earth but the truly demented will still rule it"

Comment

I've been using Murrey chutes for over a year now and have had only one chute give me trouble. It was a 5 pin chute. Moved it from one machine to another and the problem followed it. Removed the chute and sent it back to Murrey. They sent me a new one. Never had another problem with them...and we DON'T trim any of them. I used to trim every deck chute until I started using Murrey chutes. Nevermore...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 10-19-2000).]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I havent worked on Brunswick machines in two years, has Murrey came out with a new deck chute? I found the Vantage buckets to work really good if you kept your pins clean.

------------------
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Yes, we retooled several years ago and also upgraded the urethane raw material we use on deck chutes and other products. Our goal is to make the best chute. When a tech is not happy we try our best to correct that at the speed of light. Thanks in a large part to the posters here we are continuing to earn more and more of the deck chute market. If anyone needs more info just call Bill or Jim @800-4211022 or 310-5326091. Gordon

Comment

Trimming deck buckets is one of those subjects were many people differ on opinion.
                My experience has proven to me (30 years as a pinsetter mechanic)that the safest thing to do is to trim buckets but to trim them in the area between where the spotting fingers are located since thats the area where the pin is going to stick.If you trim that 4-5inches area and leave about a 1/8 of a inch of the skirt on you will not shorten the life of the bucket and
                you will eliminate most of your sticking problems.Some mechanics will say that with
                certain buckets like murrey's you don't need to and maybe you don't but why put the bucket in and then have a deck jam and be wondering if it did stick just cut it to begin with and be done with it.Some mechanics will say it causes pin damage,if your deck has some very rough jagged edges
                then maybe so but I did a experiment one time where I had machines with no cut buckets and some with cut buckets and I did not notice any major difference in pin damage between the cut buckets vs the none cut buckets.If you find a certain machine that is causing major damage because of cut buckets then I would suggest fixing that machine.I have no doubt that some are going to disagree with what I have just said and
                that fine I have no problem with that but for anyone who is worried about cutting your buckets let me assure you that if you do it properly you will not create problems.

Comment

Dito!

------------------
                  Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I used to use the Vantage bucket, had very good luck with it.
                    I now work at an AMF owned center, and must use the Murrey deck chute. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised, they are the same quality as the Vantage chute, just a different color. I have absolutely no problems with the Murrey chutes and never trim the skirts. They are the best chutes, along with Vantage, I have used in a long time!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X