Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick Cross Converyour Belts

Hey

Has anyone had any problems with the above mentioned belts?

We have had nothing but problems with one pair that we changed, thought it might have been the cross conveyour itself, so we changed them with the next lane, but the problem followed. The pins basically aren't gripping on the belt with the pin gate opens back up after the turret indexes.

Any info is appriciated

Cheers
    AKD

Re: Brunswick Cross Converyour Belts

akd,

What brand of c.c.belts did you purchase? Brunswick or Quality? I have had problems with the Quality brand and now i only request or buy Brunswick. The HV oils also are a problem. Brunswick also carries a new c.c.belt to combat the issues with the heavier based lane oils. I hope this helps you out.

------------------

Comment

Hey,

we used the Brunswick c.c. belts. They are a mirror image of themselves, ie. the tractor belt is on both sides of the belt if that makes sense!!!.

Anyways, today we figured it out, the belts have a couple of pinstripe lines on them that are in contact with the pins as the travel up the c.c. What was happening was there wasn't enough belt touching the pins and they were slipping mainly at the pin gate after it unlocks.
      The easist way to solve this problem, get yourself an angle grinder and go freakin' nuts!!!! Just needed to get rid of the pinstripes, and take the belts back to the solid rubber on the edges.

I think that makes sense!!!

Cheers
      AKD

Comment

With the heaviyer amounts of oil this probles seems to be getting worse! Vantage made a high grip belt that worked great (but it only lasted a week) Have you tried pin wipes on your pans, do you use carpet covers,do you change your ball wipes daily? One way to solve the problem if its locking your gate (now this isnt recomended by Brunswick) but if its locking the gate I have in the past put a spring across the C/C right where the belly of the pin stops just to keep a little more press. on the pin when the gate unlocks.

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

akd
          The belts with cogs on both sides are called
          cleverly enough double cogged belts,I have never had much luck with them either.I would
          try the vantage belts.

Comment

Guys,

Brunswick has developed a new cogged c.c. belt that is more agressive to move pins on the cross conveyor to combat the issues with the heavier based oils. If you are having great success with another brand then good.

just a thought.....

Comment

make sure you have the proper tension on belts. move the rear cross conveyor pulleys to put tension on belts. if you have an idler pulley on the then forget what was just mentioned. i use murreys c c belts, so far so good. they are sold as matched pairs, so adjusting is easy.

Comment

Hey

Thanks guys, i might tell the Head tech about the new belts, see what he thinks.

We tried every single adjustment of the c.c. pulleys, and that did nothing unfortunatly.

But we used the grinder, and no problems since!!!!

Cheers
                AKD

Comment

The newer cross conveyor belts from Brunswick resemble the belts Murrey was putting out about a year ago. Murrey ran into a problem with the supplier not being able to get the raw materials needed to manufacture the belts. The new one from Brunswick picks pins up like the ones we used to get from Murrey. 12-450037-600 is the part number. I called my distributor and they told me they hadn't sold any of them yet...they didn't even have them in stock. Maybe a lot of guys haven't even heard about them...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 10-20-2000).]
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Howard,
                    Maybe some of these remarks may help you with your cc belt problems.

[ April 18, 2001: Message edited by: David Johnson ]

Comment

In the years past we have had similar problems with our c.c. Belts. We tried this type of belt and it has solved our problems in our two bowling alleys. The belt number is 12-450037-600 HP Belt

Junior mechanic
                      Jody
                      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have used both Murrey and Quality/Brunswick belts Ifound that Murray belts like dissolve againstthe side of cc.The brun./Qual. start sliping after 9 to 18 months.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X