Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls in Pinwheel

Here's a cool trick I just learned for getting a ball out of the pinwheel. Just pick up a pin and drop it in the other side of the pinwheel while the machine is running, (be sure to turn off power while getting a pin out) when the wheel carries the pin up it will push the ball out and let it go back up the rods. Call me an idiot but I've been digging them out by hand for the last 5 years, Im sure its safer also (bowlers still throw a ball after you turn the machine off, risking your fingers getting smashed

Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Balls in Pinwheel

You should readjust your lift rods so balls do go in there all the time. Pins go in there not bowling balls. Brunswick and Quality Parts make things that don't allow the ball to enter the pinwheel. The ones that i've seen used are the black plastic ones that bolt on the bottom guard. Look in the Quality Parts Catalog for them or the Brunswick Manual. Never once have I seen a ball in the pinwheel!

ßA

Comment

LOL, you haven't worked in this center, Every bowling center Ive worked in I've seen balls in the pinwheel. If you get one that yoyos and it's still in the lift rods chances are the next one is going in the pinwheel. And yes I do adjust lift rods to prevent that, I was merely explaining a trick that I thought was worthwhile posting. The A-2 is not supposed to have deck jams either but I bet you've seen a few of those.

Jerrid
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Sorry A2 I just reread my post and did not mean it to sound so harsh I realize you are trying to help. I have bought a few of those rod caps from quality and they do work well, just expensive, about $40.00 last time I checked. I have had my hands smashed by an incoming ball or pin more times than I care to mention even after the machine has been turned off. So if there is a trick to save my fingers I am definately all ears.

Thanks again
        Jerrid

Comment

Good idea. I'll try that next time if I remember. Hopefully, there won't be a next time though Lucky for me the buttons on my 40 year old pinwheels aren't too sharp.

Comment

I saw our night guy do that one time and i was really inpresses. ANYTHING to reduce your "exposure" is a plus. One time i turned off the machine, dropped the rake, and counted to about 20, then the second i put my foot on the floor CRASH... someone through at the rake. Bowlers are jerks! :-)
            What do we do with the bits left over?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X