Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict. Drop Tech Question

OK, quickie here. Bruns # 12-150210 Restricted Drop link, the intermediate one between the blocking finger and the ~real~ curved link... Is it supposed to be perfectly straight, or is it designed with a ~slight~ curvature into it??? The one I've got apart is curved, looks correct, but I don't ~know~ for sure. I'd look on the other 11, but in this house, that wouldn't prove or disprove ~anything~! Anyone got the answer off the top of their heads???

I know it shouldn't be a problem, I should be able to adjust it to compensate if it ~is~ wrong, but I'd just as soon replace it while it's out, if it's not correct. (I ~hate~ re-using bad parts!!!!!)

Thanks, as always
    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Re: Restrict. Drop Tech Question

Straight
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Straight
      let me be myself

Comment

Wow, that was fast!!! Like I said, this one has a slight curve (maybe 1/8" in the middle? roughly...) I told the boss she was getting a parts list tonight regardless, so that settles it.... I'll add that to it Thanks!

Should there be any noticable play between that link and the blocking finger assembly? Has that "stripper" bolt in there, looks like it's supposed to be tight. This one isn't... by any argument! It's getting replaced too. (B finger, bolt, link, all of it!) Wonder how long I'll have to wait for parts now... Last week I had a set of bushings show up... I'd orderred them from Bruns over a year ago!!!!! Hopefully I'll have better luck with these
        Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Olds:

While it should not be flapping in the breeze like I'm sure the old one is, it should have a little play in it when you put the new stuff in:

Kevin

Comment

Yeah it's like a shoulder bolt that you can only get so tight and will still have some play in it. I have noticed on some of mine when I change the fingers that they will develope a flare to the inside of it and allow even more play in them.
            Drill
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

Straight.Also...the shoulder bolt that goes to it should have very little play...not too much,i have done too many drop links when doing turret work so i'm used to the bolts being of various sizes then giving slop.I also put some grease on the bolt to give it 'something' to rub on.,heck...had one bolt break a long time ago and i used an x-pin to get me through...works great!,faster repair.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X