Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUST A QUESTION

THIS QUESTION MIGHT SEEM STUPID BUT I AM JUST STARTING TO LEARN THESE A-2 MACHINES. MY CENTER HAS 24 LANES AND I WOULD SAY THAT THIS PROBLEM APPLIES TO ABOUT HALF. WHEN THE MACHINE CYCLES THE CLUTCH LATCH IS RUBBING THE OUT OF RANGE LINK AND IS WEARING THEM DOWN ALOT AND I HAVE METAL SHAVINGS ALL OVER THE GEAR BOX. IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THE A-2 AND IF SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO THE FIX THIS PROBLEM BEFORE MY OUT OF RANGE LINKS BREAK IN TWO. I ASK THE HEAD MECHANIC(OR THE SO CALL HEAD MECHANIC) HE KNOWS ALOT MORE THAN I DO BUT HE IS GOT TO BE THE LAZYED PERSON I HAVE EVER SEEN. WHEN FIRST CAME TO WORK AT THIS CENTER THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A CLEANING LIST FOR THE MACHINES AND THE HEAD MECHANIC HAS BEEN THERE FOR 4 YRS.I WORKED AT A CENTER WITH AMF 82-70 SO THESE MACHINES A TOTALY DIFFERENT BALL GAME FOR ME BUT I AM LEARNING.SO IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE DUE AND IF YOU GOT ANY SUGGESTION TO HELP ME OUT I WOULD BE GLAD TO HEAR THEM MY HEAD MECHANIC DOESN'T SHOW ME MUCH I THINK HE IS WORRIED ABOUT HIS JOB.

Re: JUST A QUESTION

John,
    The symptom you are describing is common to A-2's. To decrease the wear...be sure the oor link is centered over the clutch latch so when the latch slams up towards the link, it will miss it. Also, check for excessive movement at the point the plunger lever attaches to the accuator links. This will allow the links to wobble and cause the clutch latch to contact the oor link. Hopefully this will help you.

As far as your lazy head mechanic...just do your job to the best of your ability and learn the machine as much as you can. In time...if your head mechanic is as lazy as you say...the owner will realize it and replace him. It may be you who replaces him...or you will find somewhere better to work. Good luck...

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

HEY JOHN
      JUST REMEMBER THAT THE ONLY QUESTION THAT IS STUPID IS THE ONE YOU DONT ASK.
      SOUNDS TO ME AS THOUGH YOU ARE WANTING TO UP AND ON TOP OF MATTERS ON YOUR MACHINES, I THINK YOU ARE GOING TO DO VERY WELL.

JEFF KUHNLE
      TWIN OAKS LANES
      TOLEDO OHIO
      WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Hey There John! Jeff is right...a dumb question is one that you don't ask! i'm not sure about the clutch lever doing that..but as for your head mechanic...I would say something to your General Manager of the center. What's that point of working there if you can't learn anything?!? I've been working with Model A and A-2 Brunswick pinsetters. I know a lot...but I don't know a lot. Learn as much as you can on these things. If you ever need any help..just drop a line at this website or email me BAdams300@aol.com! I'll be glad to help you to the best of my knowledge! Anything on how to fix or clean anything let me know!

ßA

Comment

These guys are right on about the assistance you can get on this site. I have been working in a center for 10 months now and when I needed help they jumped to and gave me the answers. Also, if you do not have a service manual for your machines, check with suppliers for a copy. I had a donated service manual that was older than I, until I purchased, at my own expense, a newer manual that really did help. I keep the old one around for reference. You might get your GM to pay for the manual, if not, it is money well soent if you wnat to learn these machines.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X