Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality lift track covers

I was just wondering if anyone besides me was having problems with Quality brown lift track covers. I recently had to replace a lift track cover on 2 different lifts. After replacing the cover I started having ball damage. The nicks were not deep but very numerous. Well, after checking all the usual places, I found the problem to be that the ball was hitting the motor mount at the rear of the lift. I have used these covers for years and never had any problem with them. What I did to fix the situation was to glue a piece of leather on the exposed piece of the motor mount. When I talked to my wholesaler he said that they had not had any complaints about the covers but had noticed they seemed to be thinner.

Larry

Re: Quality lift track covers

Larry, Have not tried the brown ones, I usually get the red ones and have not had any problems with those. What you might do, since they are thinner, is to order the original leather covers, the ones we used on the glue on rubber tracks, that would bring your tracks back to specks. I did that on some grey ones I got years ago. Hope this will help you. PJ
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Larry,
      I use the brown ones and checked my C-tracks today after reading your post...I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. However, I haven't installed one for over 4 months. If things have changed in the last 4 months..I wouldn't know yet.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I use tracks from Vantage,they are much thicker than normal reds/browns and hold up a LONG time!They look as if about 1/4 inch thick.I also see that they have a NEW style ROUND track fo the lifts,it looks like a urethane lftrod cover only solid,with hardware attached to it for installations.,no more metal edges from c-tracks to cause scratches,you get rid of the metal tracks and install these.Someday i'd like to try a set! F.Y.I.

Comment

Anchorman:
          As usual, one gets a B.S. reply from a national supplier. It is a problem, just not one to be acknowledged from someone whom might be culpable. Have seen the exact same problem you encountered.
          Thats what so neat about this forum, you can run, but you can not hide.
          There is simply to much experience here to be BSd any more, and the old standby of, Have not heard of any problems, won't wash here.
          Many thanks to Mr. Mike Wilson.
          Roscoe.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

In the past Ive gotten "Theres nobody else having this problem, it must be something you are or arnt doing!"
            Dito thankyou Mike
            Ed

------------------
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Ed Fox:
              In the past I've gotten "There's nobody else having this problem, it must be something you are or aren't doing!"[/QUOTE]

I've heard that before as well. Last job I was working at, the company bought a batch of floppy disk duplicators. Gravity fed units, but the mechanisms were controlled pneumatically. Well, some of them started jamming. We call, and of course *they* never heard of this happening.

Week or so later, we call again. Lo and behold, we were no longer the only ones having this problem. Seems the oil from the compressor was getting into the air lines and fouling up the mechanisms the air was feeding into...

Comment

Hey Mok, sorry about slamming you in that other post! I was way out of line. Your a funny and very intelligent person.
                Ed

------------------
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

We had a terrible problem with quality tracks the balls would get to transition between tracks and just spin or stop.We tried alot of combinations and found that this worked best for us,

* Vantage 'C' Tracks_red kind
                  * V tire at bottom
                  * Go-cart tire at top

we have 47 lifts converted to this and so far no calls at all,

Good Luck
                  Peanut
                  Peanut

Comment

ditto masternut. i have 16 units with same setup. no problems.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I already have the V tire on the bottom and the Go Cart tire on the top. Sounds like the Vantage covers are the way to go.

------------------

Comment

I have seen the same problem with c-tracks
                        before and just to play it safe I also glue
                        carpet on the motor bracket.It is especially a problem if you very fast accelerators.I have found the thicker c-tracks such as vantage or headway to be the safest choice.

Comment

this problem with quality lift covers is obvious when you consider that when i started working at my present center, i had to change 4 pairs of lanes worth due to ball damage.......quality lacking???

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X