TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit carpet adhesive

Just curious what everyone is using for pit carpets and if I'm the ony one still using the $52.99 a gallon from the big B.
    It works great but I think most of the good adhesives would work on pit carpet.

thanks
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Pit carpet adhesive

we use contact cement on ours the same stuff used to glue reg carpeting down in business's and the last few centers i worked at used the same thing

------------------
    james
    james

Comment

I have used...Weldwood contact cement and have had no problems,about $17.00 a gallon plus i use it on ball wheel kickers etc too. If i cannot get that then i'll get Qualities contact cement.It's also a matter of preferance to what each person has best luck with along with...the $.The Weldwood has always worked great for me.

Comment

I too use the weldwood contact cement ($17.50 + tax) Works well, but you do need to be sure you get enough on the "ears" or they will come loose sometimes.

Kevin

Comment

Weldwood worked best for me, price and adhesion not to mention the head rush!
          Ed

------------------
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Ed Fox:
            Weldwood worked best for me, price and adhesion not to mention the head rush![/QUOTE]

Just say No, Ed. (big evil grin)

Comment

Same here...Weldwood contact cement...red label. They have come out with a "gel" version. I personally don't care for the gel style...but it does work just as well as the original.

Jst my two cents worth...

Steve
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Weldwood. Its even available from Graingers in a box of 4 1-gallon cans.

Uh oh, too many mechanics agreeing on a topic...

You know what that means... Brunswick will end up buying out Weldwood. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Wookie

Comment

Another vote for Weldwood. No Smoking! WD-40 will clean it off your hands. No Smoking! Flammable!

Comment

Drill, you can also use Weldwood contact cement for about 15$ a gallon, works great.
                    Eric.

[This message has been edited by eric (edited 11-09-2000).]

Comment

Wookie,
                      And if Bruns bought Weldwood...they would then sell us their product anyway and claim the products were the same and charge us the higher of the two prices...LOL

Seve
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                      I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                      Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                      Working...
                      X