Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a question

I wonder if any of you guys would have any idea why this would happen
    on lane 5 it runs fine all day...but when I want to clean the thing I cut it on cycle it and cut it off when it checks for pins..now when Im finished I turn it back on..everything cuts on...but it does not move..then the breaker on the wall..(not the machine) cuts off...now Im wonderin if maybe the belts are too tight on the gear box motor or I have a bind somewhere on something. now it will not cut off when its on the way up from checking pins or from setting a new rack...it will not trip off when it is in a less stressing position
    if ya understand what I mean....Im just kinda getting sick of either backing it down of moving it foward..hell...I just hate work period..hehe..but anyway..with any help I would be much thankful..

Re: just a question

Had the same problem w/one of the old A's I used to work on. Whenever I'd catch a black-out on the machine, and back it down to the floor, get jam out, turn machine back on, it would try for a second to go up, then it would also trip breaker on wall. Well about two months after I noticed to problem, the motor finally died on it, and when we replaced the motor, problem vanished... It sounds to me like that motor is getting ready to give you hell..

Comment

Not happened to me but may I recommend check out the motor it sounds like it maybe under stress at that point. Also check your breaker in the wall might have worn out contacts, try and replace breaker.The breaker on the wall might be alot weaker than the one on the machine.Other than that I can't help with anythingelse right now. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Try swapping motors with another machine and see what happens. Does your problem stay with the machine or the motor? I am assuming that when you turn the machine on, the motor just sort of hummms. I would change the capacitor(s) on the motor and check the start switch inside the motor if it hummms. Hope this helps.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X