TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDM

I'm still having trouble with a few things in the TDM, first of all where can I purchase the capacitors listed in the tech. reference, I've tried everywhere on-line and can't find anything but uf's and I'm not smart enough to convert to mfd's? Is this more than likely my problem's? 3 machines work great in automatic but when placed in manual won't cycle unless plunger is activated, it won't even work with the reset button on the back of machine, no clicks or any responce at solinoid. Keep in mind everything works when in the automatic mode, on mine there is a button that bypasses the auto mode and puts it back to manual. The rake trigger switches are new because I just put them in. Is there a way to make the electronic triggering work when the machine is in the manual mode? I have the great belly up cpu's (Mendes) but don't care because I have enough new spare parts to get me by until I want a new scoring system.
    If I replace all the capacitors will this fix my problem? I have put all new cycle relays in them already and have a few spare TDM but they are in the same shape as the ones I have. After the Zot one I had crapped out after 3 months I gave that idea up, if anyone wants a non-working Zot TDM you can have it for the shipping. By the way, I only put them in manual because the High school P.E. classes want them that way and I can't get mad because it saves on my monitors.
    Thanks
    Drill

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 11-10-2000).]
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: TDM

have you tried the brunswick solid state tdm's? we have had problems with the zot version blowing resistors b/c of our scoring. (amf accuscore) also, what kind of electronic triggering do you have? if you run off the zot boxes try quality, brunswick, or murrey tdm's.

sean

Comment

Drill,
      First...uf's and mfd's are the same thing...microfarads.
      Second...Does this happen on all you lanes?
      Third...I doubt your capacitors are bad if it works in one mode and not the other. The problem is I don't know what type of triggering you have and how it is wired in. A little information and I can probably help you out.

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 11-11-2000).]
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Mendes scoring and triggering and it only does it on 3 lanes. I thought 1 was micro and the other wall milli.
        Drill

[This message has been edited by Drillmn300 (edited 11-12-2000).]
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Drillmn300:
          I thought 1 was micro and the other was milli.[/QUOTE]

It was when I try trying to learn to fix radios for the Marines...

Comment

Drill,
            have you moved one of these three questionable TDM's to a machine that is not having this problem? If the problem stays with the TDM, then it could be the caps...but it could be a variety of other things also. There are diodes that can go bad, reed switch, resistors, ect. ect. But if the problem stays on the machine...the triggering is suspect.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

No, but that will be my next move though. I was hoping to buy the caps local and see if that did it but I think moving it first would be the best solution to narrowing the problem.
              Thanks
              Drill
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

Well, everything is back to normal, I traded in my 3 old ones to a guy in St. Louis for $21.00 apiece for ones that were rebuilt and they all work now.
                Thanks for all the help.

Drill
                Drill

David Bolt
                Champaign, IL
                USBC Silver Coach
                IBPSIA BOD
                IBPSIA Advanced
                Technical Certified
                Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                Working...
                X