Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck clearance problem!!!

We recently had Brunswick Anvilane installed in our center, In doing so we obviously had to raise the pinsetters (A-2) up for spotting height, etc. In doing that, I am having a problem with spotting height matching the deck lowering hook height (or clearance). The side legs (pinsetter height) is set to its highest point. The eccentric (Scotch yoke), is turned at its highest point also. We still have approx. 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch clearance on the holding hook, which results in the deck bouncing as it comes down. If anyone has had this kind of problem before or has any idea how I may correct this please let me know, as any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron Hicks, Jr. - Mechanic
    Westland Bowl

[This message has been edited by R Hicks (edited 11-23-2000).]

Re: Deck clearance problem!!!

R Hicks:
    The leg jack screws should be set to give a height under the rake shaft of approx. 63 and 7/16 inch while the bottom of deck lift shaft is 32 and 5/8 inches, With those two set, position eccecentric to achive 8 and 1/2 inches from bottom of sissors deck to playing surface. Set scotch yoke at a min of 13/16 at 270 (usually have to play with that adj. to set good racks). Then adj deck hld hook to book values. Hope of some help.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Brunswick now offers a longer jack screw and bolt for the purpose of getting you enough adjustment range to get back to proper adjust roscoe was talking about.I think someone listed the part number on another thread.

Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

Thank you gentleman, I will try what you both suggested. I will inform my head mechanic about this. Again thank you.

Comment

When we had anvilane installed at the showboat another problem we had in addition to the deck height you mentioned was dead wood.The added thickness of the new lanes created a situation were the rakes would now sometimes sweep over pins in the flat gutters.If you find this happening you will need to adjust your flat gutters up.

Comment

Thank you David, I will keep that in mind and let our head mechanic know about that as we too have alot of dead wood calls.

Comment

Peanut
              I was just wondering where ya were located
              I know of a Peanut in G'boro NC ...was just wondering if it were you..
              Im in Durham NC...my fault if its not you
              Jordan

Comment

when i added sythetic lanes i install a 1x2 board under the machine frame(on top of the kickback) where the legs are mounted to. then reinstalled the lag bolts. i used two one ton hydralic jacks to raise the machine one side at a time. then raised the elevator using washers. this made the machines alot easier to adjust. use a board the same thickness of your synthetic lanes.

Comment

jordan,
                  I am the same Peanut..I am working out of the Cary,NC location now.

Peanut
                  Peanut

Comment

Peanut:
                    I must tell ya that the center in G'boro that I attended the parts class back a couple months ago provided by Bowling Supply I was very impressed by the set-up in the back...very nice and clean and more parts ready to go than you can shake a stick at
                    Cary huh....the Frame works house I assume..where Erwin runs the Pro Shop...I heard you can eat off the flors there..hehe..enough with that ...but anyway...good to meet ya..and I know where ya at now....Im over here at NCCU running this small house ....take care and I might be down that way one day
                    Jordan

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X