Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin guide wires??

one more question before I leave!! lol

one machine her has been having pin stops...
    the pins are sitting on the tops of the pin wires, balanced between the snubber and the top of the pin wires...

the snubber is adjusted as far back as it'll go (and the right distance from the pins) and the pin wires are ok also,
    anyone got any ideas?

it happens only once every now and then... but it's enough to get a bit annoying,
    plus it's one more thing I want to get rid of before I go!!

------------------
    Tech

Re: pin guide wires??

Aussie:
    Usually its caused by the pin gate not locking in the neck of the pin as it passes over it.
    Again, all good luck to you.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

HEy Aussie sorry to see you go.Good Luck To you. On your problem in a few cases I've had sometimes the snubber gets bent to high up in the bend. Its almost impossible to get right after it has bent in the bend. Maybe try a new one, see what happens. BEST Wishes to you in the future. CRAIG

Comment

the bent snubber sounds about right...

the pin gate has been working fine.
        I watched it happen once, it only happened when there was a pin waiting on the cross conveyor deirectly behind the first,
        it was almost as if the second pin pushed the first over, but the pin gate had locked to stop it???

is it possible to bend back in shape with out breaking it?
        did a bit of a spend last month and can't really afford to get one spare right now.. (and of cause didn't think of getting one spare!! )

------------------
        Tech

Comment

Aussie,
          Thats when a misadjusted pin gate will most likely malfunction is when a pin is right behind another with the pin gate locked. I would bend the pin gate down just a bit. About an 8th of an inch would do it. The pin gate should raise the neck of the pin just above the base of the pin behind it and allow the base to drop. If the neck isn't forced up by the locked pin gate, it will stay below the base of the rear pin and the base will flop up onto the top of the turret wire. This is most apt to occur at the #9, 3, or 4 spots. If you look at your calls(if you kept track of which pins they were on top of), you might see this pattern. Hope this helps.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Aussie:
            Tonight I changed a P.G. latch and strap (and CC belts) on one of our machines, and after I was done messing it up I noticed that if the strap is adjusted just a little to low and there are 3 pins close together on the CC the gate will not lock fast enough between positions because the shoulder of the strap was running right back under the latch roll pin (when it should have fallen off) when the gate roller comes back forward, however if the pins are spaced out the gate locks normally. Adjusting the strap up a little and retest and worked great with 3 pins close together on the CC.

Comment

Your adjustment is probably right on but one thing lot of people over look is "springs wear out to" One other thing that a few people have sugested is the actual gate it self, does it have a worn spot in it, bent out of wack? Is the bumper missing? The gate has a lot more to do with the pin delivery to the turret then a lot of people realize! I also found problems with the latch's from different companies being heaveir then OEM. Causes some weird stuff! Has any one oiled the pivot points of the latch in the last ten years? A easily over looked area!
              Ed

------------------
              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X