Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power savings

I got word that our electric bill is going to jump (50%) higher. I would like to know if it's possible to connect another 24v relay to the pinsetter circuit, (to control the overhead scoring monitors power) will cause an overload to the 24v pinsetter circuit.

Re: power savings

Larry...if you use a small relay supplied by Grainger or similar, it will draw less than 250 milliamps or 1/4 of an amp. You have plenty of spare power left in the transformer to supply this. Also, may I suggest trying a device from Bowl-Tronics. A motor shutdown kit. This topic has been discussed before and came back with mixed reviews. I don't wish to re-debate it here, but if you are interested in saving energy dollars, this is a sure fire way of doing it. I have a few already installed and they work fantastic.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

YOU MIGHT WANT TO THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR POWER IS BILLED TO YOU.

DEMAND OR USAGE.

SOME THINGS ARE BETTER JUST TO BE LEFT ON OR RUNNING. WEIGH IT OUT, WAIR AND TEAR OR ELECTRIC BILL?

JEFF KUHNLE
      TWIN OAKS LANES
      TOLEDO OHIO
      WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Don't leave your HVAC equipment out of the equation. That is one of your biggest costs in keeping a building running. If you don't already have them some sort of energy saving thermostats, make sure the equipment is in good shape, clean, filters changed.
        just some other ideas

Mike
        Mike Wilson
        Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

I would agree with Mike on this one,when you look at all of the things that use electricity in your center overhead monitors are not the types of electrical loads that use alot of power.I would look at hvac first
          and lighting before I started looking at monitors.

Comment

Larry,
            I see you are in California. AMF recently purchased a center in California that had NO AC in it. The weather was too mild for the original owner to consider it from what I heard. Depending on your climate, AC may not be as big of a deal as a center in Texas or maybe Phoenix...
            We are currently looking into a company that installs some kind of a sine wave converter onto the incoming electrical lines and they guarantee a savings on your energy bill. Don't have the specifics right at the moment, but I will post some info on this later. If it works...could cut electric bills by 25% I was told.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

HEY JBEES
              YES PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL US IN ON THAT SINEWAVE PRODUCT, LORD KNOWS I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS OFF MY BILL!

JEFF KUHNLE
              TWIN OAKS LANES
              TOLEDO OHIO
              WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

thanks for info guys. Found out this morning electric rates will jump 2-3 times the rate is now.
                keep info coming
                thanks

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Larry:
                  thanks for info guys. Found out this morning electric rates will jump 2-3 times the rate is now.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you must be next in line for deregulation... now you get to feel our pain.

Think it's bad now? Wait until summer hits.

Comment

Hello all....as Mike mentioned about HVAC usage, it is one of the most energy consuming devices in a bowling center. At my center, we use a Honeywell time clock system, which basically does everything from turning on lights to turning off water heaters when not needed. Anyway, what I recently did, was restructured the on/off times of all of my A/C units to coordinate with league bowling times, and occupancy times in specific rooms of the center. By doing this, I was able to save approximately 80 hours of unnecessary usage per week. Also, another thing that will help, but may cost you initially, is to install motion-sensing light switches in your least occupied rooms, like store rooms...because how many people will turn on a light, but not turn it off....just some things you might want to consider to conserve energy.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X