Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift Rods....HELP!!

Please help me out here on Model A's...
    I got one lane that every once in a while the ball goes up one side of the lift rods...the one farthest back. The ball goes up one side and than just before the ball gets to the urethane caps, the ball goes back to normal position going up. Sometimes the ball gets stuck in the pinwheel or elevator frame between the ballwheel and pinwheel. The ballwheel looks aligned alright. No missing ballwheel flanges or anything. Kicker Strips are new and on right. Any help would be helpful!! =)

Brandon Adams
    Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
    Toledo, Ohio

Re: Lift Rods....HELP!!

the first thing i would do is put ball rods back into bruns. specs. check clapper box bolt adjustment and spring rod adjustment. is sounds like the rods are to hi, but i know ther's more to it.
    i try to adjsut the rods to move as little as possible(close to bruns. specs). also check for bronze bearing wear. sloppy rods are hard to adjust.
    put a ball at bottom of rods with machine off, see if ball is in middle of ball wheel. if not you may need to bend rods(carefully) or adjust height to acheive this. if so, jog machine so ball travels up rods and check for alignment as ball travels to the top of rods. oh yes, too much spring tension on ball rods with cause this problem also. we add more spring tension to get balls up rods but too much is also bad.
    you might try a ball rod clamp part#12-400096, this might work. i have them on my machines only if needed. these ko not fix all problems but do help on some machines.
    enought from me good luck

Comment

I know you said all your flange were on but I would recheck the lower 7 pin side to be sure its not missing and also check your ball wheel adjustment.If the ball wheel is loose and moving side to side it can cause those problems.Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the help!
        I'll try these out. I did try the clamp but it still didnt work. I'll try the ball thing and look closly at the ballwheel movement and the lower guide roller on the 7-pin side. I have a new one in stock if its needed. Thanks again!

Brandon Adams
        Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
        Toledo, Ohio

Comment

Check you clapper and make shure its good, B/W adjust, high and low spots, if its egged really bad adjust the ball wheel a little tight on the high spots and on the low spots install 2, 3 foot strips of B/W pad, the ones that are self adhesive, black urathane, Bruns sells them along with tech-line, etc. Install one on top of the other, this will help make up for the egg shaped B/W. Would recomend the H/D guide roller, you can put a lot more presure on those with out fubaring them! The ones from Brunswick are the best!
          Hope this helps Ed

------------------
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 11-30-2000).]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X