Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDEX PROBLEM

OK I HAVE A MACHINE THATS REALLY BECOMING A PAIN IN THE --- IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME SOME TIMES IT HAPPENS 2 OR 3 TIME IN A ROW THEN OTHER TIMES WE HAVE NO PROBLEM ALL NIGHT ON IT. IT IS NOT INDEX ON THE 1 PIN BECAUSE THE PIN IS HITTING THE INSIDE GUIDE WIRES AND IS NOT HITTING THE INDEX LEVER WITH ENOUGH FORCE. WE CHANGE BOTH BELTS ADJUSTED THE INDEX LEVER A FEW TIMES I EVEN PUSHED THE INSIDE GUIDE WIRE IN A LITTLE BUT WE STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.. THE 1 PIN IS THE ONLY PIN GIVING ME PROBLEMS. THE 7 AND 10 PIN SEEM TO BE FINE....ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

Re: INDEX PROBLEM

John,

Check the condition of the turret indexing latch and latch roller. I have had this problem numerous times and the problem was the components mentioned above. In my experience, when replacing the indexing latch replace the indexing roller was well.

Comment

I see this most when the pins or the holes for the pins in the indexing bell crank and the indexing latch are worn. Check for play at these points.

When dealing with egged out x-pin holes in the indexing latch and or the indexing bellcrank I have found the Quality Bowling kit to fix these problems to be very handy. Part #12-1588 for the latch and Part #12-1587 for the bell crank. The latch is a costly part to replace and if you find that the latch is worn where it contacts the roller then you may have to replace it anyway.

I have also found that if the bearings in the indexing bell crank are worn enough that can also cause enough play to be a problem.

Just something more to think about

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Wilson (edited 12-03-2000).]
      Mike Wilson
      Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Mike...have found the most recent change Brunswick/Quality has done to the 12-1588 prevents it from fitting on steel turret frames without some modifying of the setup for the latch. It's a shame that they change things without looking at all the ramifications of that decision. The end of the pin now rubs against the frame causing a bind. But if John has A-2's, this fix is what he's looking for.

John...also, check the tension on your long turret drive belt. It should be only tight enough to index past the 5 and no tighter. Too much tension will cause the problem you are describing. You should be able to "set" the pin on the indexing trip lever and have it still index. It should not have to "drop" onto the trip lever in order for it to index. If this is the case, something is too tight or way out of adjustment. Let us know what you find.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hey John
          I have seen turret wires cause this problem if they get bent or twisted.
          Try changing inside turret wire.
          Also make sure wires are centered over the spoon, you can loosen the clamps and move the wires from side to side.
          The best thing we did for indexing problems was remove the trip lever adjustment from the equation.
          We had a jig(from brunswick I heard)that we could drill a hole through the turret frame and insert a roll pin.
          This would make the indexing latch stop at 90 degrees.
          We could then back off the rear trip lever spring adjustment all the way against the cross conveyor.
          The indexing stop latch would always stop at 90 degrees and the only adjustment was the front spring guide.
          When there were problems we would install the quality kit to do away with slop.
          I hope someone here has the part number for the drilling jig or on how to get one.
          Graham

Comment

Since may reply here i had this problem Monday morning during league play (of course). To get through the morning shift i adjusted the front adustment at the index trip lever for less pressure and then lubricated the indexing latch and roller. Once the league finished i checked the indexing latch ,which was worn and causing bind against the latch roller. I replaced the latch and roller, readjusted the index trip and now indexing is as smooth as silk.

Comment

Graham,
              I have some of the jigs...had them made after running across one about a year ago. I used mine and have done all of my machines that have aluminum frames. The jig does not work on steel frames.(Not yet, anyway ) If anybody is interested in borrowing one or paying for the machining that was done...e-mail me and we will work something out.

Steve
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP IT TURNS OUT IT WAS THE INDEX LATCH CAUSING THE PROBLEM THE THRUST BEARING WAS WORN AND WAS ALLOWING THE LATCH TO SLID FROM SIDE TO SIDE ON THE SHAFT CAUSING IT TO BIND AND OF COURSE WE DIDN'T HAVE A SPARE BEARING SO I HAD TO USE THE OLD ONE AND I PUT A FLAT WASHER BETWEEN THE BLOCK AND THE BEARING TO TAKE UP THE SPACE. SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE INDEXES VERY SMOOTHLY......THANKS AGAIN

Comment

I too have problems with the indexing of the 1,7 and 10 pins in the turret. Seems like every day another machine develops the problem. On one machine, it was happening on the 1 pin spot. I replace turret wires for the 1 pin and then it worked fine. Not long after, the 10 pin spot had trouble indexing. So, I changed those wires. THEN the 7 pin acted up!. Machine runs fine now, but another machine with the exact same problem isnt taking the new wires any better. Now we are having problems with pins getting stuck between wires and that ring that goes around the turret. (sorry i dont know the name of it...im only a pinchaser) We have 32 lanes at our center, and about 5 lanes have been plagued with turret problems, and like i said seems like every day another lane decides to act up too. Whats going on here? Could someone please help me out here?

Ryan

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X