Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball returns

straight "A"'s one machine with at least 10 ball calls per shift. some spinning, some yo-yoing. Adjusted lift rods, all ball wheel rollers in good shape and adjusted. replaced lift rod cover,all 4 bearings, ball lift pin, stud at top of rods,spring rod,spring. Ball wheel does not move side to side when ball is yo-yoing. what else do i do?
    Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Re: ball returns

Since it sounds like you've pretty much re-built the lift rod assembly....

1) You didn't say anything about the kickers you're using. Personally, i use either tech-line or vantage. Comes in a roll, self-adhesive, works real well (even with 60 units of defense on the heads). Not cheap, but it works well.

2) Another option is to put a quarter to half inch long spacer between the spring rod and the spring, gives more pressure w/o whacking out your top rod adjustment.

Kevin

Comment

there is a couple carpet strips and one of the white self adhesive strips i believe from bruns. do you have the number for tech-line? i cant find it and i used those strips at my last center and they worked great.
      Sometimes we have to do stuff to get by....Just go back and do it right when the "by" has passed!!

Comment

I'd just give your distributor a call, don't think they sell direct.

Tech line "insta grip"

or brunswick 12-860330-000

I believe the tech-line stuff is cheaper, but have your supplier check pricing on the above 2, and vantage also makes a similar product.

Carpet strips and those old tan kickers are both too thick, IMO, the tan ones will make the ball bounce over them, causing spinners. But other guys swear by carpet strips, where I swore AT them.

Kevin

Comment

The ones that Kevin is speaking of are the best in my opion, Tech. line and the Brunswick rolls seem to be pretty much the same, I played hell with trying to get the 3-M paper backing off of the Vantage ones but they might of improved since the last time I tried theirs. Also with these if you have a B.W that is egged out really bad you can install one over top of the other in the low spot of the wheel, seems a little expensive but it solves the problem! I put 2 3" peices oppisite of each other on the wheel, ofcourse make shure the clapper is adj. properly, L/R are centered, B/W is adj. If you have the heavy duty upper guide roller you can come down a little harder on the high spot's of the wheel. And put a spacer in the sping rod with a flat washer inbetween the spring and the spacer, you can find a bronze bushing that will fit over the spring rod about a half inch long, but becarefull with the extra preasure on the L/R you might need to crank in on the spring rod a little more or you will be smashing balls into the c/c!With all of this br,s are usally nill to none. The only other thing I have a pet peeve about is the ball wipes, change them daily it makes a big differnce and carpet covers once a week, you got to keep the oil from building up!
          Not to make this a mile longer but in my worst cases I purchased indutrial cork (the type they use to make gaskets) this was by far the best thing Ive ever used but one pin in the L/R.s and it gets chewed up pretty fast!
          Ed

------------------
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I see I'm not the only one that has trouble getting the paper backing off the 3M B.W. strips It was like the paper has little broken spots at the outside edges of the strip and the paper tears at those spots. They have some good adhesive on the back though, even after I put greasy fingerprints all over them trying to get all those little pieces of paper off

Comment

smurtland,
              I would be careful about adding a spacer to the lift rds in an attempt to give more tension to the lift rods unless you have a bridge kit from Zot installed. You may end up breaking off the support for your spring rod.

As far as Tech-Line goes, you can order direct from them. 1-800-235-8324. Give them a call. I personally don't use the stick on style...I purchase Fel-Pro 3007 from Checker Auto, cut into 1 X 36" strips and then glue them on with contact cement. Oil related ball calls are non-existent. Good luck...

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve:

What is the felpro stuff made of? Know they're a gasket company, little else. And what's that stuff work out to per foot of ball wheel? If it does the job cheaper, would like to know, as the tech line is kinda pricey.

Alway looking for that better mousetrap:

Kevin

Comment

Kevin...Fel-Pro 3007 is 1/8th inch rubberized cork gasket material. I cut this so I get 16 strips that are 36 inches long. (Actually cut them 1 and 1/8 inch wide) Cost for the sheet is about $21.00. This makes each piece about $1.30 and by the foot...$0.44. Some people prefer the cork and some don't. If you try it, at least it won't cost you much. It's not quite a mousetrap.. ..but it works for me.

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 12-07-2000).]
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X