Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st., 2nd., and strike lights not workin

I have a problem on one lane,the 1st., 2nd., and strike lights are not workin, I check the maskin unit and it seems fine, I don't know much about the electrical box. Can some body help me???

Re: 1st., 2nd., and strike lights not workin

Paco:

See the thread "no indicator lights" under pinsetters brunswick for info on troubleshooting 1/2 light problems, i pretty much beat the topic to death over there.

Not sure which masking units you're talking about, but if starshields, the strike light gets its power from a transformer in the masking unit itself, check the fuses on the transformer. The mercury switch mounted on the plate on the side of the detector controls the strike light, possible bad wire or mercury switch. Quick check, jump the two pins the mercury switch connects to, if light comes on then, bad switch. If not, check fuse on mask transformer and wiring to it.

Need more, ask away

Kevin

Comment

Need more info... What machines do you have? If AMF, what chassis & boards?
      If they're 82-70's check pin #29 of the mask plug at the chassis. That pin is the "common" for all mask lights. Without it, you won't get anything on the mask.
      Dutch

Comment

I have Brunswick A-2 Converted AS-90

Comment

For now, strike light is a separate issue, Let's deal with the 1/2 problem.

Put two bulbs you know are good in the 1/2 sockets. Disconnect Main AC plug from top of electrical box. Set meter to check continuity (R or omega) From terminal 4 on the low voltage strip (lower right side of box) to terminal 7 (first ball) or terminal 8 (second ball), the meter should jump. If not, problem is in cable from electric box to 1/2 switch. If the meter jumps on either of the two previous checks (4-7 or 4-8), check from terminal 4 to terminal 1. If it doesn't jump, and did in one of the two checks before, problem is in cable to masking unit.

If it does jump when you check from (4-1), Plug in main power. Set voltmeter to AC Voltage.

With machine off, check voltage from low voltage strip terminal 4 to terminal 9, should be 24 or so, if not, transformer lead to feed 1/2 lights is not hooked up. For 230 or 115 volt systems, tan wire goes to terminal 4, blue wire to terminal 4 for 208.

If you had 24 volts in previous test, Turn machine on and check voltage between terminals 1 and 9. If you get voltage, the wiring to the msr is wrong. Lead from terminal 1 should go to msr contact, and wire from mating contact (with MSR energized) should go back to 9.

See where this gets you and let me know:

Kevin

[This message has been edited by KL Kevin (edited 08-16-2000).]

Comment

KLKevin has great ideas here on your 1-2 ball lghts.
            I just thought I would add that his acronym
            MSR is the motor start relay.
            One of the contacts on the motor start relay supplies voltage for the lights.
            Good luck on your hunt.
            Grambo

Comment

Thank you all that help me in my problem, I found it, it was on the relay.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X