Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st and 2nd ball lights

Does anyone know how to get the 1st ball light to stay on, at the masking unit, when a Brunswick machine goes to 2nd ball? Reason? Would like to see both lights stay on to indicate 2nd ball, instead of just one. Could I put a 'jump' wire on "7" to "8" on the low voltage strip? Any ideas, suggestions, or hints would be helpful.

Re: 1st and 2nd ball lights

bowling4life,
    You could put a jumper between TS2-4 and TS2-7. That will cause the 1st ball light to stay on all the time. Instead of jumpering the two points, you could just move wire number 43 from TS2-7 to TS2-4. Might be easier than making a jumper. It will also cost you nothing but your time.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Jumping 7-8 will give both lights, all the time.

If you have brunswick scorers, be real careful about moving wires or jumping stuff, as the scorer uses the voltages from the 1/2 lights to tell when to take data, and you may create scoring problems if the voltages aren't in the right places.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by KL Kevin (edited 08-21-2000).]

Comment

I do have Brunswick scoring, so would the above idea effect that part? We would just like to try this for a different effect for the upcoming season, but don't want any extra headaches.

[This message has been edited by bowling4life (edited 08-21-2000).]

Comment

No, this should not effect your scoring. Some style of masking units were designed to work this way (even some of Brunswicks). Auto scorers usually look for the 2nd ball light voltage to determine what ball they are on. Otherwise, some autoscorers would end up not working with certain masking unit designs. Wouldn't that just hamper their sales...."Sorry, you have the wrong style masking units. We can't sell you our state of the art scoring system." Well...you get the idea.

If you are worried...try it on a pair of lanes and put some open bowlers on it and see what happens.

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 08-21-2000).]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Shows what happens when you haven't had your coffee in the morning ...

Jumping 7-8 would definitely cause a headache (and both lights on at same time, always), but moving the 1 light wire to the terminal described should not cause a problem. As steve said, the B-2000 masks always have the 1 lit, the 2 lights on second ball only. But I'm wondering why you'd want both on unless mask face didn't say I and II ??

Wipin the egg off my face

Kevin

Comment

KL Kevin,

The reason we have to have them both on, is b/c we have 32 lanes that have the one ball light stay on all the time, and the other four only one at a time.

We have 32 A-2 machines, and then 4 extra A's that are converted to A-2's. The converted ones are giving us problems w/the 1/2 lights. They all have the same kind of masks, but the inside electrical box is wired different on the converted machines. (meaning the whole box, not just 1/2 ball lights..)

Comment

Depending on the masking styles, you ~could~ just add another bulb. Our units have "light boxes" behind the actual lens, maybe 8" in diameter. Would be easy to add a second bulb behind the #1 hole. If current/voltage is a problem, change the other bulb(s) in #2 and add the new one either series or parallel, depending on what bulbs you change to (Have to do some ohm's law stuff there...)

Keep in mind, this ~could~ be confusing if you don't stay on top of the light bulb situation. Say for instance, the #2 bulb burns out... bowler sees #1 lit, hits the reset button, and sweeps his pins away. Then he comes to you saying the machine is sweeping on first ball, and the pinchaser tears about the detector and gearbox and pit shaker and just about anything else he can get a wrench on.... all because of a burned out light bulb... (~THAT'S~ what would happen to me )
                Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X