Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality power lift tire

Want to know if anybody has started using these power lift tires. I've been using some of them since June. I've had to remove some and install the original go kart style tire. If I installed them as a pair, the ball would not go up the lift. Things would bind up so tight I would have to stand on the ball to get it to let go. Anybody see this happen?

Steve
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Re: Quality power lift tire

Jbees
    I have had the same problem with the Quality solid blue urethane tires. Are these the same ones you are talking about? When I first saw them I thought they were a real good idea. Much improved over the original brown webbed tire. I have never had two of these tires on the same lift but had the problem just the same. I got them because I was having problems with balls spinning in the lift and I thought they would help. I have always used the V tires until this year. This year has been the pits with ball lift problems. Anyway, I don't have a solution for the problem. I have a number of spare lift tires now and I just keep swapping until something works. One thought though. Do you have the flat belt on your lifts or have you converted them to the multirib belts. It seems to me that most of the problems I have had has been on the lifts I have converted to the multirib belt. Usually the ball is stuck and the wheel has stopped but the belts are slipping. That's better than the belt not slipping. At least no ball damage.

Larry

Comment

I haven't tried the blue ones, the brown ones worked well... just didn't last (except as ball booster tire, works well there).

One of the other guys from this site gave me the seemingly winning combination, the brunswick orange v tire on the bottom, and go-cart on the top, had one lift giving me fits, this combination has been trouble-free for better than a year:

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, What IVE seen out in the feild and live buy now is the black "V" tire from Quality on the bottem and the "B" round tire on the top with the soft redish brown tracks from Quality. If I have any problems with this combo I just space the lift open a little and after that the problems are 0! One other thing that IVE learned is with the "B" round tire make shure the vent hole is open! Helps keep the tire from blowing off of the hub prematurly.
        Ed

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Larry,
          Yep, they are the ones. I have had no problems yet with one blue one and one go kart tire...have had no ball damage with my setup. I use poly-v belts.
          Still have two of the original brown webbed tires that came out back in 93 or 94. Can't remember exactly. Got one back then when I was in Houston. It worked great(probably still is). Then I bought 8 of them and all 8 died in 90 days or less. Found two here in Phoenix and not a single rib has broken yet. I've been here 4 years and I didn't install them. Seems Quality had a winner...somebody must have thrown the recipe away ... lol

Seems Quality (Brunswick) needs to go back to the drawing board. I think I'll give them a call and complain about another part that doesn't work...
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Poly belts and go cart style tires are what i use along with vantage red/orange tracks about 1/4 inch thick.Have found that over time the v-tires tend to get soft and start to spead out and then in turn get scratches on the balls from them hitting the metal on the c-track at the transistion area.Used to use regular browns etc, but they were too thin and did'nt fully cover over the metal on the track edges...too short.Never had a problem at all with my lifts but...it is whatever works best for each of us is what we will use.

Comment

I am not a mechanic anymore but when I was I tried everything from Brunswick V wheels on top and bottom to Quality blue on top with Brunswick Orange V on the bottom. Near the end of fighting it all we would bend the C track a little because we noticed that over time with all the pressure the c tracks bend out. Of course if it wasn't for reactive resin nobody would be having ball calls because we wouldn't running so much oil. I did like Murrey's red V wheel but sometimes the mold varied from wheel to wheel. I really don't think there is a remedy for every center. I believe it changes from house to house.

Josh

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X