Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving deck torsion spring

Need some info in a hurry, guys. had a bind in the moving deck....had to remove it from the stationary deck, and in the process, had to remove the geneva cam plates from both sides. When we did, naturally the long torsion spring mounted on the back of the stationary deck that urges the moving deck forward spun and unwound. What we need to know is how many turns of torque to put back in the spring....which side to do it from, and what is the best cycle position (degrees) to re-attatch the geneva plates in? Right now our machine sits at between 270 and 280 degrees, setting new pins. Any help in a rapid fashion would be appreciated to the utmost.
    Craig

Re: moving deck torsion spring

hey craig,
    sorry about your dilemma anyway you can do it at 270 i always make sure i've got someone with me and i sit in the pit on the 10 pin side and use a flat piece of steel (eg. accelerator support) and use that to wind the geneva 1 1/2 turns and have someone on the other side to put the plate back on while i hold it in position.
    hope this helps and good luck,
    brunsmechanic
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Comment

Which direction do you turn it to the front or to the rear?...Clockwise or counterclockwise?...Thanks

------------------

Comment

Craig, sorry for not being so rapid! One other tip is take the bearings out of the pulley your turning and install two 1/4-20X 1 and a half inch bolts in the hole! Its a hell of alot safer! Turn it clock wise (that is veiwing it from the 7 pin side)
        Ed

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 12-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 12-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ed Fox (edited 12-23-2000).]
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X